BHI Energy is currently looking to hire an electrician at the Cliffside Steam Station. This is a local hire position and does not pay perdiem, travel or relocation fees. In this position we are looking for someone with a mininum of 3 years
documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently. OSHA 30 preferred. Ability to assist with the planning, layout, installation of conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatuses, control equipment and repairing wiring as needed as directed by BHI or Client Supervision. Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craft helpers in work crew.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules and conduit benders.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with wire stripper or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Ability to understand and adhere to LOTO(Clearance)Procedures, Confined Space Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, etc…
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Follow established safe work practices.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of fifty pounds over head
- This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-100 pounds
Must be able to pass a drug test
Must be able to pass a security background check