Project Scheduler, Sr.
Position Summary: Support the development and analysis of project and maintenance outage schedules using Primavera Project Planner Enterprise (P6) through technical guidance, training, and verification. When applicable, administer, maintain security, reporting, maintenance, and daily operation of Primavera Project Planner Enterprise Software, scheduling QA/QC software, and the CLIENT earned value metrics/reporting system. Must be self-motivated, an excellent communicator, and team focused individual able to work under minimal supervision and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all project/outage aspects. Additional duties include schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing and implementing project/outage schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the project/outage senior management team. The candidate must be able to interface with site outage/project execution teams, contractors, and CLIENT senior management.
- Facilitate development of fully integrated P6 schedules (including resource loading and leveling) for the project/outage execution teams including detailed P6 schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the work packages and planners work list.
- Ensure schedulers are using sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project teams on a routine basis.
- Train and mentor CLIENT schedulers in all aspects of Planning and Scheduling within P6. Lead the project/outage schedulers meeting to share lessons learned, process revisions and changes, and conduct technical training.
- Facilitate and administer the earned value management system (metrics/reporting) working with the project controls and project management teams.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in organizing and conducting schedule meetings covering the estimating, planning, scheduling, and updating of assigned projects/outages with applicable company and contract personnel.
- Maintain the Project (or Outage) Scheduling Handbooks or Procedure. Train and ensure schedulers are adhering to the handbook or procedure. Work with schedulers to standardize reports across the program where appropriate.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing metrics reports. Work with the project teams to provide accurate and beneficial summary level status reports as requested.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing schedule risk. Work with the project teams to provide risk assessments and recommended mitigation actions as requested.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in developing 'what if' schedules to address various scenarios and options as necessary.
- Mentor and assist schedulers in crashing project/outage schedule durations when required.
- Substitute for project/outage schedulers as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with project/outage schedules.
- Coordinate with contractors to assure understanding and adherence to the integrated project/outage schedule and scheduling requirements.
- Assign security, profiles, and roles for new P6 users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role will support a PM with a large volume of projects.
With a qualified bachelor's degree, one (1) year of qualified experience; with a qualified associate degree, three (3) years' qualified experience.
With a qualified bachelor's degree, four (4) years' qualified experience required; with a qualified associate degree, six (6) years' qualified experience. Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering
Qualified degrees must be in a related field from an accredited university or college and could include Accounting, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management.
Qualified experience includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures. Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
Licenses/Certifications: PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently; show capacity for organizational and planning skills; as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to achieve goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to develop complex spreadsheets.
- Some travel, including overnight, may be required. On rare occasions, temporary relocation might be required to complete work.
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work under general supervision, be independent, and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all aspects.
- Safely and effectively perform light physical duties at various work sites including home and CLIENT locations in varying conditions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of work projects of variable complexity.
- Understand and support the policies, values, principles, structure and behavior of CLIENT.