Case Management Coordinator
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
BlocPower is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
We are seeking a Support Services Coordinator, Workforce Development to support our workforce development cohorts to thrive and succeed in their training. The ideal candidate will have a background in supporting individuals through the process of re-entering the workforce, social services, and a passion for justice and equity.
In this role, the Support Services Coordinator will work alongside the program manager and program partners for workforce development programs to perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate appropriate support services for workforce participants to ensure their success in the program by working with partners to identify needs and appropriate resources
- Professional and administrative work associated with facilitating access to social services available to participants in our workforce development programs
- Assessing individual needs and referring participants to the appropriate resources for assistance; preparing reports and correspondence; responding to inquiries, requests; and maintaining and updating files and records.
- Support recruiting efforts by coordinating interviews, reviewing applications, and leading correspondence with partners
- Support marketing of the program through meeting with community and program partners, creating and facilitating marketing materials, and coordinating with internal BlocPower teams for resources
- Tracking and reporting on program success and metrics as defined by the Program Manager and funding partners
- Aid in program development in areas such as training schedules, procuring materials, and coordinating on-the-job training with employer partners
- This person is a quick-learner, an excellent communicator, task-oriented and highly organized. The workforce development program is focused on equity and justice in the clean energy sector; experience working within social services is a plus–social work, community services, and related experience.
- 2-4 years experience in a coordinator, support services, or program administrator role
- Experience working with individuals in the process of workforce re-entry or other social services background
- Deep commitment to environmental and social justice, experience with related organizations, particularly in the Boston area a plus
- Familiarity with workforce development and training programs, with clean energy related experience a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Valid Driver’s License a plus
- Residency in MA required, Boston area preferred
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.