Head of Electrolyte
Hayward, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
As the Head of Electrolyte, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and optimization of electrolytes used in our energy storage solutions. You will lead a team of scientists and engineers and collaborate closely with other departments to ensure that our products meet our customers' requirements and are of the highest quality. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and optimization of electrolytes for energy storage solutions as it pertains to lithium-ion batteries
- Optimize electrolyte formulation for characteristics such as conductivity, stability during device operation, and safety including suppression of hydrogen sulfide release
- Manage a team of scientists and engineers and provide technical guidance and mentorship
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Cell R&D, Product Development, and Manufacturing, to ensure that the electrolytes meet product requirements and are of the highest quality
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, such as suppliers and academic institutions, to stay up-to-date with the latest research and technologies in the field of electrolytes
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property and patent filings related to electrolytes and energy storage solutions
- Develop and manage project timelines and budgets
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in inorganic materials research and development, with a focus on energy storage applications.
- Experience working on various aspects of sulfide-based solid state lithium ion electrolytes is highly desirable.
- Experience in designing high performance inorganic materials, such as solid electrolytes for lithium or sodium batteries, cathode active materials, or solid oxide fuel cell materials.
- Experience in synthesis of inorganic materials, for example mechanochemical, thermal or hydrothermal synthesis, and processing of those materials, such as annealing, sintering and milling operations.
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams of scientists and engineers
- Strong technical background in electrochemistry, materials science, and analytical chemistry
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- If you are a highly motivated and innovative individual with a passion for developing sustainable energy solutions, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to lead our electrolyte team.