Senior Data Systems Engineer
Hayward, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
SummaryAre you a data analytics super star with a passion for sustainability and new energy technologies? Join us at Blue Current, where batteries are central to the new energy economy. We've developed a leading-edge solid-state battery system backed by prominent energy industry companies and an extensive IP portfolio. If you're ready to leverage data for innovation in cell development, we want you on our team. DescriptionAs the driving force behind data systems, you'll build, integrate, and employ software tools to analyze vast cell performance and meta-data collections. You'll create data pipelines that centralize information, enabling easy data-driven decisions for everyone. Imagine empowering engineers and scientists with direct data access, streamlining their decision-making. Join our growing team to reshape energy storage. Responsibilities
- Implement database software tools for company-wide data storage, analysis, and visualization (battery performance data, electrolyte data, process parameters, etc.).
- Provide team members with support using database software.
- Assist in integrating new hardware and data sources into Blue Current's data platform.
- Develop and implement data analysis scripts to extract key performance indicators from data sources (e.g. cell performance metrics and electrolyte conductivity)
- Apply statistical analysis methods to identify relationships between battery cell performance, cell composition, process parameters, and other meta data.
- Work with Blue Current and Research team members to transition electrolyte team data from Alchemy to Wattson database.
- Serve as point person for Wattson/ Research platform. Help team identify and resolve software issues as they arise. Support transition of Wattson components to cloud and help integrate new sources of data into Wattson.
- Develop chemical inventory within Wattson data platform. Work with Blue Current team members to integrate chemical inventory into lab processes (e.g. electrode coating, chemical purchasing and disposal, electrolyte synthesis).
- Use statistical analysis to examine historical and current baseline cell performance data to identify relationships between key cell performance metrics and cell composition and process parameters. Document and present findings to team members.
- Assist in implementation of barcode scanning system for tracking battery composition and component history.
- BS in Computer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or similar field.
- 2-5+ years of work experience.
- Proficiency in Python, R, C++, and/or other programming languages.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platforms for data analytics.
- Skills in connecting lab instruments and process equipment over a network.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, adept at overcoming technical challenges.
- Commitment to lab and work safety policies.
- PhD/MS in relevant fields (Computer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or similar).
- Work experience in the lithium-ion battery industry.
- Prior programming experience for lithium-ion battery cell performance analysis.
- Knowledge of database development and data analysis using SQL.
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis software like JMP and Minitab.