Metal Production Operator
Metal Production Operator
Boston Metal is developing a new technology to lower the environmental impact of primary metals production while delivering higher quality at reduced cost. This fast-paced startup company is expanding its operations team to run its Molten Oxide Electrolysis (MOE) cells for the production of molten metal.
The Metal Production Operator as a member of the Operations Team conducts 24 hour operations (7days a week) with three shifts. Duties include monitoring MOE cells, withdrawing molten metal and slag samples from the cells at regular intervals as well as supporting tapping and feeding operations. Additional duties may include cell rebuilding and commissioning. Cell rebuilding activities require operating heavy tools (such as jack hammers) for demolition operations or manipulating bags of refractory (similar to bags of concrete, 50+lbs) while conducting mixing and casting operations.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience or training in industrial fabrication/assembly with proficiency in at least 2 skill sets listed below
- Hot work, such as welding or using torches for cutting and heating
- Foundry experience or high temperature experience (greater than 900°F), including manipulating hot objects
- General fabrication
- Lift up to 60lbs
Work shift schedule:
"6-4" Shift Pattern
1st Shift 7:00am to 5:00pm
2nd Shift 3:00pm to 1:00am
3rd Shift 11:00pm to 9:00am
You will work 6 consecutive days 10hrs per day followed by 4 days off. At the end of the 4 day off period your shift would move to the next shift time (i.e. 1st shift to 2nd shift, etc.). We are paying a shift differential for both the 2nd and 3rd shifts above your standard hourly rate.
Training for the position will be provided.
- The employee must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the specific work activity which may include: N95 mask or respirator; various types of gloves/hand protection; safety shoes; head protection; and protective clothing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his or her hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit without additional assistance.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals and/or hazardous waste, and occasional exposure to moving equipment, the risks of which are minimized through compliance with established safety policies and procedures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.