Sr Mechanical Design Engineer
Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer with heavy industry experience to join our passionate team.
This position will provide technical program direction, mentoring and instruction to other design engineers via review of analysis results, detailed designs, and engineering drawings. Responsibilities will include:
- Create 3D CAD designs, specifications, drawings and perform tolerance analyses
- Perform structural simulations of new mechanical components and systems
- Support and/or drive continuous improvement
- Present technologies and status of development projects to management and stakeholders
- Making critical decisions that positively impact the course of the organization
- Cross-functional coordination between R&D, plant engineering, automation, alloy development and operations teams.
- Design for manufacturability and assembly and around key program requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
BS Degree (or MS preferred) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and 5+ years’ experience in engineering or design-related industry developing complex, technical, or integrated products.
- Working history of component design for manufacturing and assembly
- Detailed component specification experience. Formal GD&T Training preferred
- Experience mentoring junior staff members
- Expertise in 3D Modeling and Drafting. Solidworks experience preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering theory including statics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics
- High temperature >1000°C assemblies, processes, components, furnaces, or foundry/smelter equipment is extremely desirable.
- Experience working with R&D teams
- Experience working in small teams & start-up atmosphere
- Experience with running structural and thermal analysis
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We routinely wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please provide resume if interested.