Cyber Security Manager
Boston Metal is on a mission to transform how metals are made. Our platform combines patented innovations with best practices from the aluminum and steel industries to solve the carbon emissions challenge facing the steel value chain. Our technology will decarbonize a major source of global carbon emissions.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Security Manager to join our organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive cyber security strategies to safeguard our organization's information systems and data. As a Cyber Security Manager, you will build and lead a team of professionals, assess potential risks, and ensure the continuous improvement of our security measures.
- Strategy Development: Develop and implement an effective cyber security strategy that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of cyber security professionals, providing guidance and support in executing security initiatives.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct regular risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and potential risks to the organization's information systems.
- Incident Response: Develop and implement incident response plans to address and mitigate security incidents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Security Policies: Establish and enforce security policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices.
- Security Awareness Training: Oversee the development and delivery of security awareness training programs for employees to enhance the organization's overall security posture.
- Security Audits and Compliance: Conduct regular security audits and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Security Technology Evaluation: Stay informed about emerging cyber threats and assess new security technologies to enhance the organization's security infrastructure.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with IT teams, management, and other stakeholders to integrate security measures into the organization's overall IT strategy.
- Budget Management: Manage the cyber security budget, ensuring cost-effective allocation of resources for security initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in a cyber security management role.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or similar.
- Strong understanding of cyber security principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Experience with incident response and crisis management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are a seasoned cyber security professional with a passion for securing organizational assets and leading a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information assets.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We operate pilot plants and labs and many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We are people first with a comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your needs. Our full benefits package offers health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick & holidays, health savings account, dependent care account plan, paid parental and bonding leave and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer who considers all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org