Boston Metal is on a mission to transform how metals are made. Our platform combines patented innovations with best practices from the aluminum and steel industries to solve the carbon emissions challenge facing the steel value chain. Our technology will decarbonize a major source of global carbon emissions.
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Database Administrator (DBA) with strong expertise in SQL to join our dynamic IT team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security, integrity, and performance of our databases, while also collaborating with other IT professionals to develop and implement efficient data management solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and secure databases.
- Ensure data integrity and availability through regular backups and disaster recovery planning.
- Perform routine database maintenance tasks such as updates, patches, and optimization.
Performance Monitoring and Tuning:
- Monitor database performance and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Optimize queries and database structures for improved efficiency and responsiveness.
- Conduct regular performance assessments and implement enhancements as needed.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement and maintain robust security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and industry standards.
- Perform regular security audits and take corrective actions as necessary.
Collaboration and Support:
- Collaborate with development and IT teams to understand data requirements.
- Provide technical support to end-users and address database-related issues promptly.
- Work closely with system architects to integrate databases with other applications.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations and procedures.
- Generate regular reports on database performance, usage, and potential issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator with expertise in SQL.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems (DBMS) and database design principles.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and capacity planning.
- Familiarity with data security, backup, and recovery best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Certification in database administration (e.g., Oracle Certified Professional, Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate).
- Experience with cloud-based databases (e.g., AWS RDS, Azure SQL Database).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and big data technologies.
- If you are a motivated and skilled Database Administrator with a passion for ensuring the reliability and performance of databases, we invite you to apply and be a key contributor to our growing IT team.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We operate pilot plants and labs and many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We are people first with a comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your needs. Our full benefits package offers health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick & holidays, health savings account, dependent care account plan, paid parental and bonding leave and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer who considers all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, disability, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com