Battery Test Technician
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing testing team at Breathe where we are building a world-class battery testing facility in London to output high quality data. You will work across the laboratory to deliver the test data that underpins our product development and validation, with responsibilities ranging from executing tests on both internal and external facing projects to helping scale the laboratory by commissioning new equipment. You will play an important role in ensuring that our laboratory operates smoothly and efficiently.
We will provide the support and training to develop your skills and experience in battery testing, and the opportunity to work with some of the world's largest and most recognised brands in automotive and consumer electronics. Our current customers include OPPO, Rimac and Cosworth to name a few.
- Setup, monitor and execute battery testing in accordance with test plans and/or work instructions. Review battery test data to ensure data quality and integrity. Identify and resolve testing issues
- Ensure that equipment you are responsible for is maintained and calibrated appropriately. As required build custom test equipment, fixtures etc.
- Closely follow Test Engineering processes relating to your work to ensure quality, consistency and reliability. Ensure documentation relating to your work is accurate and complete
- Own specific operational tasks in the laboratory and ensure they are completed in a timely manner. Assist with scaling our facilities, for example by installing and commissioning new equipment.
- Own safety processes, documentation and training for specific areas within the laboratory. Ensure adherence to procedure in these areas by other laboratory users
- Other duties from time-to-time as required to enable company success