Breathe Battery Technologies
Are you passionate about fighting climate change? Do you want to work on creating a world where everyone can breathe clean air? At Breathe, we believe an electrified future is key to achieving this, which is why we are building battery technology to help brands do more with the power they have.
Our physics-based battery management software helps some of the world's largest and most iconic automotive and consumer electronics brands deliver products with faster charging, longer life and zero compromise on safety. Put simply, we make batteries better. And we want you to join us.
What you will be doing
Breathe Battery Technologies is seeking an experienced and strategic leader to join our team as the VP Finance. As a key member of our executive team, you will play a crucial role in driving financial strategy and decision-making to support our growth in the automotive industry.
At Breathe, we are more than a battery performance company. Our mission is to help our customers do more with the power they have while delivering superior customer experiences. We develop physics-based battery management software that enables the world's most iconic electric vehicle and consumer electronics brands to create products with faster charging, greater cycle life, and uncompromising safety. We believe in a future where everyone breathes clean air, and we make batteries better to contribute to this vision.
As the VP Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, cash flow management, and financial reporting. You will partner closely with the CEO and executive team to drive strategic initiatives, evaluate investment opportunities, and ensure the financial stability and growth of the company.
- Developing financial strategies, policies, processes
- Building and leading a high-performing finance team
- Ensuring completion of statutory accounts & similar requirements, plus compliance
- Preparation of financial information and analysis for board meetings including acting as advisor for Founders
- Management of cash flow, liquidity & currency hedging
- Analysing financial data and advising CEO, CTO on the most effective strategic decisions
- Leading and managing budgeting processes which includes forecasting
- Being responsible for development and management of the investment plan
- Creating appropriate reporting to elevate financial data in the function
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent at problem solving
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar. MBA or similar is a plus, but not essential
- Proficient in financial software and systems, with advanced knowledge of financial modelling
- Demonstrated ability to translate financial concepts & analysis into actionable strategies, insights & recommendations
- Great communication, organizational and leadership ability
- Prior experience as a VP Finance or similar is a plus, but not essential
- Willingness to work from our London offices 4 days per week
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going
- Share options scheme
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays
- Ethical pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Central London location