Lead Insurance Adjuster & Product Development Specialist
Bright Harbor is an innovative startup revolutionizing the post-disaster recovery process with technology. We are developing a cutting-edge technology platform designed to streamline all aspects of the recovery process, starting with insurance claim submissions and negotiation on behalf of consumers.
We are experienced entrepreneurs that have built, scaled and sold technology companies multiple times.
Why is this important? Last year 3.3M Americans were displaced from their homes, a figure 10x higher than it was in the 1980s. Climate Change is rapidly increasing the frequency and severity of natural disasters and it’s only just beginning. As a society we need to develop new technologies and systems to help the world prepare and respond to this threat.
We are seeking a highly entrepreneurial insurance adjuster with a passion for technology and product development. You will lead our initial client recovery processes and be instrumental in developing, testing, and refining our platform and then building up a team of insurance adjusters and recovery navigators as our company scales.
As our first employee, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our company's technology and culture.
- Conduct insurance claims adjustments
- Obtain and maintain licenses in multiple states and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Lead the development and implementation of our “tele-adjusting platform”, contributing both technical insurance knowledge and innovative ideas
- Help to define and refine our technology and systems with the rest of the team
- Help establish and cultivate our company's culture, fostering an environment of innovation, collaboration, and excellence
- Provide insights and feedback to improve platform features, user experience, and overall functionality
- Licensed Insurance Adjuster (or equivalent certification) in at least two state
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in insurance adjusting, insurance claims management or recovery construction
- Strong interest and aptitude in technology and product development.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred but not required.
What We Offer:
- A chance to be a key player in developing a disruptive technology that helps millions of people struggling after natural disasters
- Competitive salary and equity
- The opportunity to be learn from a world class founding team of experienced entrepreneurs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to improve the insurance adjusting process and eager to be part of a startup journey, we would love to hear from you. Join us in making a significant impact in the insurance industry.
How to Apply:
Please fill out this online application: https://tally.so/r/nP5O1V
We are excited to review your application and potentially welcome you to our team!