Engagement Lead - USG
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and empower decision-makers with timely information and analytics. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. Veterans are welcome!
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
At Capella, we’re growing our Federal team and we are seeking a Lead for U.S. Government Engagement, with experience working in the intelligence community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD). In this role, you’ll work with the Capella Federal team and technical leads across the company to deliver Capella SAR capabilities for key programs. You will engage with the IC and DoD user community to understand key mission requirements and present Capella capabilities, imagery, data products in that mission context, including the use of Capella imagery in imagery exploitation applications. You will support the Federal team in reviewing imagery and developing presentations to highlight specific use cases that provide mission relevant examples.
This position is located in the Northern Virginia, or Greater Denver Colorado areas (remote).
- Experience working as an analyst using SAR imagery and data
- Understanding of, and ability to explain SAR concepts
- Experience working with and managing imagery collection requirements for DoD (embedded in Combat Support Agencies (CSA) and Combatant Commands (COCOMS) or other major military service elements
- Experience working on projects for DoD and/or Intelligence Community customers
- Understanding of Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) products and workflows
- Understanding of imagery exploitation tools (such as SocetGXP, iSpy, RemoteView, etc.)
- Experience translating (summarizing and communicating) capability requirements effectively for customers and for engineers
- Ability to document and explain user workflows
- Strong writing skills to support delivery of studies and supporting program documentation for projects
- Ability to succeed and excel in a remote working environment and a fast, flat, flexible startup culture
- Ability to travel within the United States and internationally
- Bachelor's degree in remote sensing, geography, or other relevant field (may substitute equivalent years of experience)
- Understanding of geospatial standards or strong interest to build expertise in this area
- Experience with Geospatial applications such as ArcGIS, GDAL, QGIS, and other open source geospatial software
- Sufficient comfort with Python and REST APIs to be able to run pre-existing Jupyter Notebook or Postman examples
Additional Required Qualifications
- This position requires special access to conduct the work and the selected candidate must be a US Citizen, with an active Top Secret security clearance with a current Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph
This position is mostly a work-from-home/office environment position, with occasional (avg 3-4x monthly) local or out-of-area travel for meetings, conferences and briefings
Office environment; heaviest somewhat regular lifting and carrying will be your luggage for travel. Several times a year will be conferences which will require lifting and carrying in the form of setting up a booth or display; these can be >50lbs
- 70% Sitting, 20% Standing, and 10% Walking
- Could be asked to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs.
- This role consistently involves: typing, talking, listening, seeing both near and far (accommodations are available)
- Occasionally involves: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling objects
- 95% inside and 5% outside
- Occasional exposer to different environmental conditions
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)