Capella Space stands at the forefront of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite technology and signal intelligence. We provide customers in governments, academia, and commercial sectors with reliable information that enables unparalleled understanding of the world. Our mission is centered on delivering timely and reliable Earth imagery, supporting diverse applications in defense & intelligence, disaster response, energy, environmental monitoring and more. Utilizing cutting-edge technology, Capella Space designs, manufactures and operates an advanced constellation of SAR imaging satellites. Our market-leading SAR satellites are complemented by an unmatched data infrastructure and automated ordering and delivery platform for fast, reliable insights where and when customers need it most.
Recognized for our technological prowess, Capella Space was honored as one of the 10 most innovative companies in Space in 2023 by FASTCOMPANY. Capella Space is an internationally trusted Earth Observation data provider, working closely with the U.S. Space Systems Command, U.S. Space Force, NASA, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. National Reconnaissance Office, the Canadian Government and more to make unclassified, high-resolution SAR data more accessible.
What Makes Capella Unique?
Capella Space is a highly collaborative team environment, providing an opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the space industry, though no prior space experience is needed. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success. Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it - regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We encourage you to bring your unique perspective to help make us stronger, including applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech.
How this role fits in at Capella
Within Capella’s Marketing team you’ll work at the epicenter of the company within a fun, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, and alongside some of the smartest people in the space industry, from engineers to sales professionals, to product specialists and human resources. We’re looking for someone equally smart and excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping others achieve “mission success”. Our marketing efforts permeate throughout the business, from branding, communications and messaging, to creative design, media and to go-to-market campaigns. We have a global remit and impact across our business, and beyond into our partners and clients. We are fundamental to supporting Capella’s brand recognition, revenue and partnership opportunities, all of which are a vital part of a rapidly growing and maturing US start-up.
As a Marketing intern you will support a range of short- and long-term marketing initiatives, from day-to-day projects and campaigns, to playing an important role in developing long-term initiatives that have the potential to shape the future of Capella.
The role will be based in our Louisville (CO) office to enable hybrid working and face-to-face engagement with our team, however there will also be remote working experience to be gained whilst you support an international sales team and their global marketing needs. Depending on your experience and skillset, it is likely that your responsibilities will be broad and encompassing of different activities, however there will be an emphasis on creative design projects and media (graphic design, publishing, online).
What you'll be doing during your internship
- Developing and helping to execute marketing and communications plans and content, including blogs, social media posts and newsletters.
- Preparing and branding imagery to build out our imagery content, open-data and internally crowdsourced content.
- Support satellite launch campaigns (including mission patch design and associated PR).
- Support go-to-market campaigns relating to our data and products (including our Analytics Partnership Programme).
- Lead/support creative projects relating to global conferences/events, merchandize and marketing collateral.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will ideally be working towards a degree (or equivalent qualification) in marketing, communications, graphic design or equivalent discipline.
- You will have a natural curiosity and interest in maps and the space sector (a basic understanding of map reading and satellite image interpretation would be a bonus).
- You will ideally hold competent experience in some or all of the following software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, or equivalent - ideally to a level that allows for process enhancements/efficiency gains and internal staff training (as required).
- Highly motivated, creative and curious, with a willingness to challenge the status quo and exert creative flair.
- Strong and demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills (you will be expected to meet deadlines and exceed expectations).
- Strong motivation and a natural desire to succeed and “go the extra mile”, sometimes at short notice and in response to urgent business requests.
- The ability to remain agile and split your time between multi-tasking and focusing time on single/one-off projects.
- Be within an easy commute of Capella’s Louisville, CO office and ready to support the business remotely and outside of office hours, within reason, Monday-Friday
The target pay for this position is $25/hour. The actual pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Capella provides a one-time stipend to cover your needs during the Summer.
- Daily provided lunches and stocked kitchens has you covered at both office locations.
- Swag! Work hard but look cool while doing it! Each intern gets a welcome package with their own swag during their time here so you can rock Capella anywhere you go.
- Events: Capella hosts social & educational events each month for all Capella employees, but also during the summer program for the entire intern class.
- Mentorship: each intern is paired with a mentor that supports & guides them through their time at Capella.
- Furry friends? We’ve got you covered with dog-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Capella Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and upholding equitable hiring practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you need assistance or require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org