Head of Engineering
$1,000,000,000,000 will be invested in Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure globally by 2040 (Bloomberg). At ChargePass, we are building a charging experience for this future, one that will enable everyone to switch to an EV. We believe that charging should be ubiquitous, reliable and affordable and will relentlessly improve the customer experience.
ChargePass is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
We are looking for teammates who live the following values:
- Builder: You have built multiple products (web, app, or backend), ideally from scratch. You design for scale, reliability, inclusivity, and accessibility.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and are obsessed with making it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep into the details.
- Team player: You are individually exceptional but always play as a team.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
You will design, build, and scale all tech from scratch to millions of users (we are irrationally optimistic). As the first engineer, you must be hands-on - able to design systems, set up infrastructure, write and review code. You should be able to attract, hire and coach exceptional engineers as you build your team. You will be an integral part of the founding team, shaping the every aspect of the company.
- Prior experience at a startup is essential
- Experience in building consumer software and/or architecting complex data infrastructure
- Experience with mapping, payments, APIs and databases
- Experience in any one cloud provider and its key suite of services
- Experience in creating systems to ensure proper code deployment, rigorous testing and structure planned development.
- Most relevant experiences include marketplaces, consumer apps, and data infrastructure
- Familiarity with using the latest in ML and AI and ability to apply them practically to solve problems
- Be focused on shipping quickly and validating hypothesis
- Be obsessive about understanding customer needs and delivering solutions
- Abilty to manage small, high performance teams.
We are based in SF and Denver, however, you can be based anywhere in the US for this role. You will have to travel for onsite meetings, approximately once a month.
Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, tell us what you built or show us (link to webpage, apps, GitHub, etc). Reach out to us at email@example.com