$1,000,000,000,000 will be invested in Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure globally by 2040 (Bloomberg). At ChargePass, we are building a charging experience for this future, one that will enable everyone to switch to an EV. We believe that charging should be ubiquitous, reliable and affordable and will relentlessly improve the customer experience.
ChargePass is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
We are looking for teammates who live the following values:
- Builder: You have built multiple products (web, app, or backend), ideally from scratch. You design for scale, reliability, inclusivity, and accessibility.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and are obsessed with making it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep into the details.
- Team player: You are individually exceptional but always play as a team.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
You will be the key architect of our technical development - mobile apps, databases, and web backend. Your goal on the frontend is to ensure that the users have a smooth experience and in the backend to create systems that are robust, flexible, scalable and fault-tolerant. You must be able to work as a direct contributor and over time hire and manage a team of developers.
- Have built and maintained apps in a frontend cross-platform stack - React Native or Flutter. Experience in cross-platform libraries like Node.js is helpful.
- Able to translate design assets into high-quality code. Have the ability to do quick prototyping.
- Experience integrating and optimizing mapping & payment services
- Experience in using open-source component libraries like Material UI
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (ex. Jetpack for Android Apps, Jest for React)
- Experience working with product teams to set up experiments and improve conversion, retention and monetization metrics.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, work effectively with external teams to integrate
- Experience in designing and developing APIs (internal and public).
- Experience with backend databases either MySQL or Postgres. Should have had experience in designing database structures that are scalable.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure which should include basic deployment and monitoring. Serverless experience will be an advantage. Knowledge of containers (Docker/Kubernetes), CI/CD would be helpful.
- Should be able to write test cases for QA teams to test code
The total years of experience is irrelevant, however, you must have 3-5 years of hands-on experience building and deploying software. We love a good side-hustle, so if you’ve built or contributed to software outside of work, tell us about it. Prior experience at a startup is preferred.
We are based in SF and Denver, however, you can be based anywhere in the US for this role. You will have to travel for onsite meetings, approximately once a month.
Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, tell us what you built or show us (link to webpage, apps, GitHub, etc). Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org