Circ’s flexible technology is powering the clean closet and helping the fashion industry make monumental strides toward a truly circular eco-economy.
We’ve pioneered a technology that can recycle polycotton — what the majority of our clothes are made of — into reusable fibers. In essence: our process takes textile waste and turns them into materials that your most beloved fashion labels can use for tomorrow’s clothes.
Circ is seeking a Material Technician to join our Product Development team. This individual will help us design new products for the circular economy by evaluating applicability of materials for Circ’s recycling process. The right candidate will need to be able to safely work in a manufacturing and lab environment to perform material testing and conduct analysis on data as required. We need a team player who loves to build things that bring good to the world, understands & believes in our value system, and seeks to always challenge the status quo!
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field preferred
- Self-starter with energy and enthusiasm for solving challenges independently and with teammates
- Comfortable handing solvents, acids, bases, and other chemicals with the appropriate PPE
- Be able to assist in working with pilot scale equipment such as pressurized reactors
- High interest in laboratory instruments and analyzing data
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable lab safety and OSHA regulations
- Previous material characterization and laboratory experience is a plus
- Impeccable character and compatibility with the values of the company
- Occasional travel possible (less than 10%)
- Assist in designing and completing material testing projects
- Follow standard operating procedures outlined for the various instruments
- Precise and accurate sample preparation and recording relevant information
- Attention to detail to obtain accurate and repeatable data
- Analyze, summarize, and communicate results as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT CIRC
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all team members can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!