People Operations Generalist
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
People & HR, Operations
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
CFS is seeking a People Operations Generalist to manage a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to leave of absence, workers compensation, and general employee support.
This team member will:
- Lead a variety of People Ops projects and process improvements to support business operations
- Monitor and track absence status, documentation, and return to work dates in conjunction with our leave administrator SunLife
- Manage the post-hire experience for the Internship Program including planning Lunch & Learns, cohort team building, and support to the intern and manager during their time with CFS
- Administer the Workers Compensation claims process
- Respond to employee queries. Common topics include accessing and using the HR systems, benefits, policies, procedures etc.
- Assist in a variety of other people team projects and processes including but not limited to onboarding, off-boarding, benefits administration, company orientation, and immigration management
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 4+ years of People Operations experience
- Knowledge of common HR systems, benefits, leaves, and compliance
- Collaborative team player, but also able to drive initiatives independently
- Ability to work cross-functionally across teams
- A customer-service mindset and strong internal drive to create great employee experiences
- Problem-solving with the ability to be resourceful, exercise good judgment and discretion
- Strong written and verbal communication and a commitment to details
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems rapidly and independently
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience in UKG
- Experience in Lever
- Experience with SunLife
- Perform activities such as typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.