Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
Oversee mechanical commissioning of SPARC in the field under the direct supervision of the Tokamak Commissioning Specialist. Perform Functional Test Procedures and additional testing of systems and components as required.
This team member will:
- Perform testing procedures in the field
- Assist in developing Functional Test Procedures
- Identify issues and potential issues pro-actively
- Complete Commissioning documentation accurately and in a timely fashion
- Oversee technicians, third party entities, and vendors, on site
- Work pro-actively and collaboratively with other CFS Teams
- Plan Mechanical Commissioning scopes in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- BS in Engineering or related field (preferred, can substitute relevant experience); HS Diploma (Required)
- 10+ years in Mechanical Commissioning
- Mid-level proficiency MS Office
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Some Electrical and Instrumentation Commissioning Experience
- OSHA 10
- NFPA 70E
- NCCER Mechanical Technician
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.