Quality Test Technician - Contract
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
This is an exciting role for a contract quality test technician, responsible for performing cryogenic testing of electronics assemblies in support of the CFS TF magnet production line.
This team member will:
- Be responsible for preparing the components for test
- Execute the test cycle following established work instructions
- Evaluate the results of the testing
- Manage the inventory movements of the parts into and out of the test cell
- Manage any discrepancies by following the CFS nonconformance management process
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 5+ years hands-on electro-mechanical technician experience
- Comfortable working within a quality management system
- Proven track record of following work instructions and SOP's
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate test results and prepare reports
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with cryogenic testing, high voltage circuitry, and high vacuum processes
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Perform activities such as typing, standing, and sitting, for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate industrial hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, and cryogenics
- Willingness to occasionally travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call or long hours
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.