Senior Design Engineer
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The Senior Design Engineer must have experience and be able to develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for all programs, projects, and tasks. When issues arise, must be able to identify and implement solutions. Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds.
This team member will:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary and proven team of top scientists and engineers
- Manage very large assemblies of more than 100,000 components in Siemens NX
- Review BOM structure for correctness, working with system engineering teams.
- Review GD&T of custom parts, castings, machine parts, sheet metal components and weldments
- Communicate design and design changes with SPARC engineering team
- Interference checks of multiple systems within the Tokamak
- Communicate with system design teams on any possible fit or interference issues
- Estimate time required to complete support activities
- Report on and be accountable for project progress to the Head of 3D CAD Integration
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in creating models of mechanical parts using Siemens NX CAD software
- High proficiency using Siemens NX Mechanical
- Proficient using Siemens NX standard libraries and family tables
- Knowledge of NX Electrical, Piping and Tubing Routing packages.
- Proficient using Teamcenter
- Understand web-based version of Teamcenter, Active Workspace
- Knowledge of component finishing processes such as electro-polishing, plating, heat treatment, paint/powder coating)
- Candidate will have the technical depth and proven experience with ASME standards
- Proven ability to work well in a remote team environment
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transactional environment
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
See more open positions at Commonwealth Fusion
Something looks off?