Principal Reactor Design Engineer
Dimensional Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that experience and talent are not always limited to the technical requirements of a job. If you have similar experience to the qualifications listed here, please consider applying. We strongly encourage those from marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Dimensional Energy, a leader in the production of sustainable fuels, waxes, and other high-value chemical products from carbon dioxide, is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Principal Reactor Design Engineer to advance our proprietary thermocatalytic reactor designs. This position could be remote, located in Tucson, AZ, or in the Houston, TX area. If you are experienced with petrochemical thermocatalytic reactor design, have advanced modeling skills, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are passionate about combating climate change, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, please consider joining our team.
The primary role of the Principal Reactor Design Engineer is to apply their advanced knowledge and creativity, along with Dimensional Energy proprietary reactor technologies, to model and design innovative chemical reactors from pilot to commercial scale. The Principal Reactor Design Engineer will collaborate to optimize the deployment of novel proprietary reactor systems into integrated Dimensional Energy carbon utilization plants, with focus on improving productivity, energy efficiency, and overall project economics.
Pay and Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $130,000-$170,000 based on experience.
- Health, vision and dental insurance packages available.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Generous time off policy.
- Designing, modeling, and simulating thermal heterogeneous catalytic reactors.
- Involvement in specification of reactor materials for different applications.
- Optimizing catalyst architectures.
- Creating reactor datasheets for procurement.
- Working closely with process and mechanical engineers to finalize reactor design.
- Writing reports, grants, and summaries.
- Scaling reactor systems.
- Leading the R&D team to obtain catalyst kinetics data by creating Design of Experiments and assist in regression analysis.
- Leading project teams with diverse multidisciplinary members.
- Supporting R&D projects.
- Integrating and deploying process technologies.
- Mentoring and training employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BS / MS with 10+ years' experience, or PhD with 5+ years' experience in reactor design, petrochemical engineering, chemical engineering, and/or related field.
- Specific experience designing and modeling thermally-driven heterogeneous catalytic reactors, high temperature & high-pressure systems.
- Experience with multi-physics modeling and CFD software such as COMSOL and ANSYS required.
- Experience designing reactors in Python, Matlab, Excel etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, data analysis software, Design of Experiments software.
- History of scaling from lab scale to commercial scale.
- Knowledge of syngas, gas-to-liquids, Fischer-Tropsch reactors preferred.
- Experience with heliostat solar receivers preferred.
- Knowledge of high-temperature electric furnaces preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and function as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Highly innovative, flexible, and natural problem solver.
- Motivated and passionate about developing new technology to combat climate change.
About Dimensional Energy
Dimensional Energy is based in the US and is a leader in the production of sustainable fuels. We develop proprietary technology to convert carbon dioxide into sustainable jet fuel, diesel, and other products. Our carbon utilization platform allows companies to recycle their emissions to replace the fossil carbon in their supply chain. Our technology presents a true alternative to the extraction, refinement and burning of fossil carbon, all of which must cease in the coming decades in order to leave a livable planet for those who will come after us. Dimensional Energy recognizes that traditional fossil fuel extraction has disproportionately impacted communities of color and low-income communities. We are committed to a different path and aim to partner with local communities to ensure those impacted are included in the implementation and profit structure of our solutions. We envision a world free from fossil fuel dependency. We are growing quickly, come join us.