Head of People
People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Dioxycle is pioneering breakthrough carbon utilization technologies that convert industrial emissions into sustainable chemicals with unprecedented energy and cost efficiency. By displacing fossil fuels for the production of key chemicals, Dioxycle has the potential to ultimately reduce over 800 million tons of CO2 per year, representing over 2% of the world's emissions.
Our team is innovating across chemical, mechanical and system engineering to turn carbon transformation into an economically feasible, industrial reality by developing a completely novel technological approach. Having completed our medium-scale Proof-of-Concept electrolyzer, we are now working towards a first-of-its-kind large-scale industrial prototype and are assembling key partnerships for future commercial roll-out.
We are supported by world-class funders including Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Gigascale Capital and have raised $26M to date. We operate from two R&D centers in Europe and California.
Joining us now is an opportunity to play a fundamental role in the scale up of our transformative technology by working closely with our international founding team. If you are motivated by solving hard problems, meaningfully addressing climate change, and want to join the fastest growing industry of our generation, then this role may be for you!
Dioxycle is seeking a dedicated and passionate People professional to join our team and play a crucial role in supporting our mission of abating CO2 emissions by turning them into products we use everyday. As our Head of People at Dioxycle, you will lead the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that foster a thriving and productive work environment. Your role will directly impact our organization's growth and success by ensuring that our team members are motivated, equipped for their missions and well-supported.
In this capacity, your responsibilities will center around:
Talent Acquisition: assess, and onboard top talent to drive organizational growth.
Employee Engagement: Foster an efficient, positive and inclusive workplace through effective communication, conflict resolution, and engagement initiatives.
Performance Management: Guide goal setting, provide feedback, and support professional development for optimal performance.
HR Compliance: Ensure adherence to labor laws, company policies, and manage benefits and compensation programs.
Learning & Development: Identify training needs, design programs, and facilitate skill enhancement for continuous growth.
Data-driven Insights: Compile and analyze team data to inform strategic decisions and enhance workforce effectiveness.
We seek a Head of People who is dedicated to advancing our mission and possesses the skills outlined below. Candidates with a minimum of five years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Skillset we are looking for
- Extensive experience as People professional (10+ years is encouraged)
- Communication: Effective verbal and written communication to interact with employees, management, and stakeholders. Proficiency in communication using various communication supports and channels.
- Proficiency in tools/softwares for People management
- Empathy: Understanding and relating to employees' needs, concerns, and feelings.
- Conflict Resolution: Navigating and resolving conflicts with diplomacy and fairness.
- HR Compliance: Ensure adherence to labor laws, company policies, and manage benefits and compensation programs.
- Adaptability: Flexibility in responding to changing organizational dynamics especially in the context of fast-growing teams.
- English is our daily work language. Speaking French is a plus.
- Sense of design for the creation of appealing communication support is a plus.
Mindset we are looking for
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Exemplary work ethic
- Curiosity for innovation and problem-solving attitude
- Dedication to investing time and effort for the betterment of the team
- Anticipation capabilities
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of over 10 nationalities, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Highly competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plans: 401(k) (if US based), pension, or other retirement savings plans.
- Ergonomic work stations & state-of-the-art equipment
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted.
- An initial video call with one of our team members to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- One or two interviews with a presentation of your career, skillset, followed by questions and discussion from our team
- A final in-person series of interview and opportunity to meet the team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts
If you do not meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Diversity and Inclusion
We are looking for people of diverse backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, creativity, productivity and fun!