Director of Product Management, Platform
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Our hive headquartered in Toronto is looking for a new Director of Product Management! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and services and drive to get things done.
You will be leading Product Management for our Platform team which focuses on key customer experiences that are center to the ecobee experience like the mobile app, as well as our common infrastructure that helps us build and support great devices and services like authentication & identity, home & account management, and IOT connectivity service. You will work closely with internal users, our customers, and our partners to ensure we can deliver great experiences for everyone.
Ideally, you have worked in a product leadership role at a world-class organization (regardless of its size), leading teams that build & ship complex technical products. You’ve had the opportunity to build & grow a team of product managers and have learned how to implement processes and rituals to support your team performing at their best.
This role is open to being 100% remote within Canada although our home office is in Toronto, Ontario. You may be required to travel to Toronto, Canada once per quarter for team and/or company events.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a Director, Product Management, Platform at ecobee, you will:
- Lead the strategic vision for the platform organization with clear charters & mandates that align with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of both internal and end consumer needs that inform the systems we design and services we build
- Lead a stellar team of product managers. Continue hiring, building, and developing the team for future success
- Assess our current capabilities and look at ways to continuously improve them
- Partner with engineering and work together to build great solutions that scale. Define clear success metrics to measure performance of the products your teams are accountable for
- Work collaboratively with key areas of the business, such as the other product management teams, the development teams, customer support, and more to develop systems that enable great experiences
- Support the overall Product practice by improving the capabilities around product discovery, product strategy, stakeholder management, leadership, and overall delivery of outcomes
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have worked as a Director or Senior-level Product Manager at a world-class company (regardless of its size), shipping software to consumers or small businesses
- You have hands on experience leading the end-to-end creation of a product or service at a leading or high growth technology company
- Ideally you bring direct experience in building development tools/SaaS products/ data platforms
- Proven leadership skills, you have built and managed a team of product managers
- You have an entrepreneurial mind set and are excited to jump right in
- You are comfortable with data and love using it to make user-focused product decisions
- You have a strong sense of empathy and are passionate about developing product talent and investing in their careers
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status. #LI-DNI
- A 30 -minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A 30 -minute interview with our VP, Product & Design
- The next set of interviews will be in 2 steps
- 4 1:1s with an cross functional leaders and with the Chief Product Officer focusing on the ecobee core values and skills
- and a case study presentation for 60-75 minutes
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?