Ecocem is shaping the future of low carbon cement with ambitions to deliver a 50% cut in CO2 emissions from cement by 2030. We have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to join our Dublin Plant.
We are looking for a strong Operations/Plant Manager with 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing Operations Management together with a background in either Engineering or Operations Management. You will have a background in mineral grinding or cement manufacturing. Your remit will be to manage the safety & operations of our Dublin site, ensuring that our production schedules are met, that quality standards are maintained, and budgets are adhered to.
You will be working closely with Ecocem Group Managers to develop and implement strategies to improve production efficiency, reduce energy & increase profitability. You will have strong leadership & communication skills, a proven record of delivering results, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and root cause analysis. You will be comfortable with budgeting, cost analysis, and fiscal management and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You will be working in a high-performing, entrepreneurial, talent-focused and innovation driven business.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an initiative-taking and driven individual to have a significant impact in a short time. This role is based in our Dublin Plant in Dublin 4.
- Ensure that safety remains the number one priority in the plant by maintaining and enforcing a safe working environment
- Drive change management in the plant
- Manage performance and development of direct reports and team members; play an active role in the development of future leaders
- Deliver on operational and cost results
- Maintain a strong focus on customer satisfaction and quality production
- Implement strategies consistent with the company’s vision and business plan
- Manage a production & maintenance team in the Dublin GGBS grinding plant
- Develop & oversee the Standard Operating Procedures for the Production Department
- Manage the optimization of production rates on all main process equipment
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of all Production and Process Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the diagnosis of malfunctions on systems and prioritizing of action plans to correct
- Provide input into the Preventive Maintenance Program and initiating work orders for corrective or improvement repairs
- Closely monitor and track daily records/ logs, reports & control charts
- Provide resource allocation in the plant
- Coordinate and communicate with Laboratory team to assure product quality is maintained
- Coordinate, communicate and cooperate with other Ecocem functions to maximize efficiency of activities within the Plant
- Accountable for all cost control and contractor activity within the Production department span of control
- Understand and interpret company policies and procedures & implement & comply with ISO standards
- Recommend, design, and implement corrective measures, methods, procedures, processes, or systems to improve manufacturing as it relates to equipment performance and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working environment to enhance the conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant
- Ensure quality of work performed, support, promote and utilize continuous improvement system, observe, and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyse root cause failure
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience in an operations or plant management role
- Background in mineral grinding or cement manufacturing essential
- Bachelor of Engineering or another relevant field preferred
- The ability to work effectively across multiple functions and diverse cultures
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- “Can-do” attitude with a desire to learn
- Strong people skills with the ability to build professional relationships
- Resilient and adaptable to change
- Capacity to collaborate with people at all levels across the business
What we offer
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive benefits package including health care and retirement planning
- Generous holiday allowance
- An environment which recognises talent and enables it to flourish
- Career making learning & development opportunities