Supplier Quality Engineer II
Who we are:
Electra is electrifying ironmaking to decarbonize steelmaking and eliminate 3.7 gigatons or 10% of global CO2 emissions. Leveraging proven industrial-scale electrochemical and hydrometallurgical processes, and backed by leading sustainability-focused venture capitalists, our team is developing lower cost, scalable solutions utilizing intermittent renewable energy to forge a cleaner, greener future for the trillion-dollar steel industry.
With a uniquely collaborative culture, endless passion for developing disruptive technologies, and the opportunity to revolutionize carbon-intensive manufacturing industries, careers at Electra offer challenge, reward, and the chance to bring to market solutions that dramatically improve the health of the planet.
What you will do:
The Supplier Quality Engineer II will primarily support projects and continuous improvement initiatives between procurement, engineering, and suppliers to ensure the quality and reliability of the components and materials supplied by external vendors meet our technology’s needs.
- Conduct risk assessments for critical suppliers, materials, and components to ensure continuity of supply and product quality
- Assist in the development of inspection procedures, reviewing and evaluating in-process rejections, obtain disposition, and implement corrective action as needed, as well as participate in internal quality audits
- Assist in the designing and testing of our processes, mechanisms, and equipment, and development of standardized quality acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with cross-functional product design and development teams to determine product needs and be able to communicate print interpretation, intent, criticality of a dimension, measurement technique as necessary between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers through effective communication, collaboration, and problem resolution to ensure the best outcomes
- Report on Quality activities on a regular basis to Supply Chain Management and the Leadership teams, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators and continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage and evaluate RFQs and supplier responses, analyze procurement options, and execute purchase orders of custom technical components and materials
- Other duties as assigned
What we need you to bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Manufacturing, etc).
- 3 years of experience in quality or continuous improvement engineering role in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of quality practices and procedures such as FMEA, Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause / Corrective Acton (RCCA), and DOE, including use of metrics and statistical analyses tools such as JMP
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, functional requirements, instructions, and test procedures
- The use of inspection tool equipment such as calipers, gauge pins, micrometers, height gauge, surface plates, CMM, Vision systems
- Quality System Standards experience (9001, 13485, IATF16949, AS9100, 21 CFR 820, 14 CFR – any subsection)
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T and tolerance stack-ups
- Ability to develop internal relationships in a positive way
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with, or ability to quickly learn, Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- The anticipated starting pay range for this position is $90,000 - $105,000 annually and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, and education.
Benefits For You:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, short-term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- $1,800 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
Benefits For Your Family:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, and telemedicine plans
- $3,600 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work options
Benefits For Your Future:
- 401k with up to 5% matching contributions which vest 100% on day one
- Eligibility for incentive stock options