Engineer, Site Implementation
Electric Era Technologies
Electric Era was founded to revolutionize the world's electric vehicle charging infrastructure. We have developed PowerNode, a high performance and autonomous EV fast charging station that can be deployed anywhere on the grid to provide the necessary charging infrastructure innovation needed for the affordable and timely electrification of transportation. Electric Era is building the future of car refill for the next generation of drivers.
Electric Era is hiring an Engineer, Site Implementation to join our team as we rapidly deploy DC Fast Charging stations nationwide. In this critical role, you will be responsible for designing DC fast charging stations from the ground up that push state of the art implementation and deliver an unparalleled customer experience. You will be joining a lean, agile Implementation team that is incredibly fast paced and laser focused on innovative site design, smooth site implementation, and high station reliability.
- Own and manage initial site assessment, design layout, costing, and any associated external party management (site hosts, utility companies, construction vendors, etc).
- Develop and apply innovative solutions to the challenges of DC fast charging site implementation.
- Drive continuous improvement of the processes and procedures around site implementation.
- Work with Sales team members to ensure smooth Site Host transition from Sales to the Implementation team.
- Build and manage site specific schedules and timelines.
- Design and finalize site construction drawings, with the preferred ability to stamp.
- Own internal design reviews, redlines and ad-hoc design requests, acting as Subject Matter Expert for all design conversations throughout the project.
- Make consequential real-time design decisions and adapt quickly to any previously unknown field conditions.
- Lead high levels of action and impact surrounding battery and interconnection designs and conversations.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree, with PE license preferred.
- Knowledge of industry design standards and the ability to think creatively around physical hardware implementations.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience with DC fast charging or battery energy storage site design and implementation, with a well rounded and robust portfolio of work.
- The ability to make an immediate impact in regards to streamlined EV charging station site designs.
- Relevant experience & ability to quickly learn and develop GIS tools that handles site design and estimating.
- Strong background in vendor and external team management with strong leadership & organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a passion for taking on multiple roles in a lean team environment with high levels of ownership and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.