Staff Software Engineer
Electric Era Technologies
Electric Era is designing, building, and testing PowerNode, a high power battery-enabled charging station to provide the necessary infrastructure needed for the affordable and timely electrification of transportation. Our high power charging stations and the software platform we build around them will be a critical infrastructure piece of the electrical grid and will complement the deployment of high-performance, low-cost, fast-charging infrastructure around America.
About the Role:
Staff Software Engineer:
Electric Era’s software team redefines “full-stack” - we write everything from low-level firmware to cloud-hosted backend software to factory test infrastructure to artificial intelligence and simulation tooling. We believe in first-principles engineering with rapid iteration towards success.
You will have the opportunity to join us in this mission, take ownership of the high open-ended problem of EV charging infrastructure, and execute from ideation to in-field operation in months, not years. Your contributions will define the long-term success of the company in making EV fast charging ubiquitous and affordable.
- You will own end-to-end development of the full architecture of the PowerNode software stack
- You will source requirements cross-functionally to produce optimal first principles designs
- You will own full business outcomes of business-critical software products with direct customer interaction
- You will develop and maintain software in production to achieve best-in-class operational reliability of PowerNode
- You will drive optimal system-level design for our product line including collaborating and managing external relationships
- You will be responsible for continued success of your software in real world environments by championing appropriate software reliability practices as necessary
- You will mentor and educate other engineers to continuously elevate the Electric Era engineering team’s technical acumen
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- 7-10 years of experience in software development
- Experience in high availability cloud software architecture design and implementation
- Experience in mission- and safety-critical software development for IoT or cloud services
- Experience in deployment of value-added artificial intelligence/machine learning in production environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated track record showcasing end-to-end ownership of business-critical software products through a production lifecycle
- Development experience in C, C++, Python, Golang, or TypeScript
- Capability to support operations on-call rotations as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills