Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for a Facilities Engineer to support the operations of our facilities in Natick, MA or Devens, MA, with occasional trips to other facilities. Reporting to the Sr Facilities Engineer, you will provide support to technical and office staff while working with management to maintain the facilities. You will also be the contact for external contractors (electricians, plumbers, HVAC) and will work regularly with the building owner. You will be based onsite.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment installation requirements are present before installation (MEP, HVAC, lighting, and controls)/Coordinate with necessary vendors
- Manage preventive maintenance for buildings, labs and equipment
- Work with project teams to ensure newly installed assets are captured in our CMMS
- CMMS planned/unplanned work order management
- Participate as a member of the Safety Committee while supporting the ongoing development of our environmental health and safety (EHS) efforts
- Participate in the on-call rotation for facility emergencies
- Help with taking things to dumpsters to keep pathways clear and safe
- Procure materials specific to the job
- Manage and revise daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance rounds
- Assist teammates with miscellaneous facilities-related requests
- Associate's Degree or (preferably) Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, facilities engineering or similar field
- 2+ years' experience in facilities maintenance or similar industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and Industry Codes (OSHA, EPA, DEP, ADA) and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of building systems (MEP, HVAC, lighting, controls) and codes
- Knowledge of process utilities (RO/DI, process nitrogen, compressed air)
- CMMS experience (Maximo, 360)
- BMS experience (Niagara, JCI)
- Experience with energy management and high-energy efficiency systems (daylight harvesting, heat pumps, VFDs)
- Valid MA drivers' license
- Previous background in manufacturing/biotechnology/clean technology/semiconductors with attention to electrical and RO/DI Ultrapure Water
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE
- Climb ladders for maintenance/assembly needs
- Safely lift up to 50 lbs and use a hand truck, dolly or forklift
Compensation & Benefits
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!