Head of Structured Finance
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Head of Structured Finance to support Electric Hydrogen on our path to massive industrial scale decarbonization. In this role you will source, execute, and manage a range of transactions at the corporate and project levels. You will manage key capital relationships, facilitate agreement execution, capital fundings, and manage day-to-day capital markets operations with the finance team. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, oversight, and execution of EH2’s funding activities, specifically focused on corporate credit, asset-backed finance, working capital financing, and potentially project financing. You will be working at one of our locations in the Greater Boston Area, reporting into the CFO. We are also open to 100% remote/relocation.
The ideal candidate has a depth of experience leading, structuring, and executing complex financial transactions, strong relationships with capital market and lending groups at key US commercial and investment banks and other capital providers, and comfort working alongside C-level executives.
- Create capital structure roadmap including use of corporate credit, asset-backed finance, working capital financing, trade credit finance, project financing, and other instruments to optimize cashflow and support EH2’s growth plan.
- Execute and manage corporate credit facilities including term loans, revolving credit lines, and complex asset-based facilities covering equipment, inventory, raw materials, and precious metals.
- Manage due diligence processes with prospective capital providers, coordinating internal and external team members.
- Manage ongoing compliance and other counterparty requirements with all debt and equity financing agreements.
- Explore trade credit and export-import financing opportunities with public and private solutions providers.
- Manage excess cash with banks and short-term, liquid marketable securities.
- 10+ years in investment banking, commercial banking, structured finance, corporate finance, capital markets, at a major financial institution, manufacturer, or project developer
- Structured and negotiated numerous credit facilities and other finance arrangements
- Deep relationships with commercial and investment banks in the United States
- Expert financial modeling skills, particularly in building analysis for project finance
- Working knowledge of leveraged and project financing markets, with experience across the capital structure, is preferred
- Experience managing working capital for large, global, and capital-intensive companies is preferred
- Manufacturing or renewable energy experience is preferred
- Startup experience preferred
#LI-Onsite #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] Head of Structured Finance (M5)
Electric Hydrogen has three compensation zones: the San Carlos Zone, the Natick Zone, and the National Zone. All employees are assigned to a compensation zone depending on their work location. Remote employees will be assigned a compensation zone once their work location is determined. This can be discussed with your recruiter.
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!