Senior Data Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for an accomplished and motivated Senior Data Engineer to build and maintain mission-critical data infrastructure for the world's most powerful electrolyzer. As a Data Engineer, you will develop services to ingest, analyze, and store plant data and key performance metrics. Tools you build will monitor our electrolyzer fleet, assessing their operation and detecting issues before they lead to unplanned downtime.
You will be based in San Carlos, CA [and can work on a hybrid basis], reporting to the Director of Software Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure data availability to internal and external stakeholders from internal devices and deployed plants
- Architect streaming pipelines, analysis triggers, and notifications
- Building data models and develop schemas for relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Work with data from industrial PLCs and other connected devices
- Coalesce data from manufacturing and deployed plant data for use in analysis
- Design data systems for machine learning applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years working with data pipelines and industrial networks
- Significant experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with industrial streaming protocols such as MQTT and Kafka
- Familiarity with OPC servers, OPC UA, and PLC communication
- Experience using git and git-based workflows for version control.
- Experience working with time series data and time series databases
- Knowledge of process historians (OSI PI, FactoryTalk Historian)
- Experience building data pipelines in AWS, using tools such as IoT Core and Kinesis
- Knowledge of OSI PI ecosystem including asset framework
- Experience with machine learning data pipelines
Compensation & Benefits | Senior Data Engineer (P4)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!