Community & Events Manager
About Energize Capital
Energize Capital is a leading climate software investor focused on scaling sustainable innovation. Founded in 2016 and based in Chicago, to date Energize has funded 26 companies and deployed more than $500 million through its venture capital and growth equity strategies. The firm manages more than $1.2 billion in assets and is backed by institutional, strategic and impact LPs including Invenergy, CDPQ, Credit Suisse, GE Vernova, Xcel Energy, Caterpillar, HASI and more.
Become a part of the Energize Capital team to contribute to our purpose of investing in leading climate software companies to generate top-tier returns and enable sustainable innovation at scale. We are a close-knit team with an entrepreneurial spirit, and this role requires flexibility, a diverse skill set, and an ability to perform at a high level on multiple fronts. We are currently seeking a Community & Events Manager to support and elevate our events and community strategy. The Community & Events Manager will primarily be responsible for developing and executing against a market-leading events strategy for Energize and fostering community within our group of portfolio leaders through events and knowledge sharing. This position will report to our Head of Marketing & Communications.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
**Managing end-to-end process for all Energize events.**Lead strategy and execution for the growing number of events Energize hosts each year to bring together our communities of portfolio leaders, LPs, co-investors, corporate customers, and other climate tech and private capital ecosystem partners. Events include our annual flagship climate software conference, Annual General Meeting (AGM), CEO summits, events to support diverse founders and investors in climate tech, as well as thematic events curated around specific topics (e.g. electrification of mobility). In this role you will work collaboratively with key members of our investment, EDGE (platform) and operations teams to create a market-leading events strategy to deliver against our firm’s strategic objectives. In this role you will create and execute end-to-end integrated and actionable event plans including overall event objectives, presence, promotion, collateral, onsite plan, post-event engagement and internal event recaps. This includes managing event budgets, external vendors, and logistics, including managing outsourced event providers where applicable. Finally, you will also have the opportunity to bring forth and produce new events that strengthen the Energize brand and foster our community.
Conference strategyWork with Energize team and portfolio companies to identify relevant external events and industry conferences where our presence would add value (e.g. to identify potential portfolio companies, connect with prospective investors/customers, etc.) Manage industry events and conference strategy for Energize and advise portfolio on events strategy. Identify strategic opportunities to host conference-adjacent gatherings (e.g. happy hours, breakfasts) in partnership with portfolio companies, co-investors and other members of the ecosystem.
Fostering our communityCollaborate with our EDGE (platform) team to weave community into our portfolio support efforts across our five core pillars: Go to Market, Finance & Operations, Communications, Talent and ESG/Impact. Facilitate the convening of groups of leaders with common roles to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration across the portfolio. Develop and manage our online resource library for sharing knowledge with current and prospective portfolio companies. Support the development and compilation of relevant case studies, playbooks and best practices materials. Gather feedback from founders and portfolio leaders on Energize’s support through surveys, interviews and case studies. Drive communications and PR opportunities through community engagement in collaboration with internal marketing and communications team.
- Experience curating and managing the execution of small- to large-scale events with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to simultaneously keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to excel at convening people around a common purpose, creating meaningful experience and building relationships.
- Tech savvy, with knowledge of and experience using tools to help identify opportunities to streamline workflows and existing portfolio support processes. This may include event management/communications software (e.g. Eventbrite, Cvent), CRM tools (e.g. Affinity) and community engagement tools (e.g. Notion, Circle), MS Office and other productivity tools (e.g. Zapier, Airtable, etc.).
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with various partners and stakeholders in-person. Role may require limited travel for in-person events outside Chicago.
- You believe in the power of community and its role in enabling and sustaining company growth.
- Interest and excitement for emerging technologies, sustainability and the venture capital ecosystem.
- Current resident of or willing to relocate to Chicago for the position.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in event management or portfolio engagement / platform with an investment firm.
Energize Capital is proud to offer employees a wide range of benefits to support personal well-being, growth, and professional development. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and HSA from day one of employment
- 401k matching
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 company holidays and a flexible winter holiday
- Market-leading parental leave policy and family planning benefits
- Health club reimbursement
- Continuing education stipend
- Option to work remote Fridays
- Lunch provided on in-office days
Energize Capital embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!