Software Engineer II
EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. We help consumers turn their smart thermostats, EVs, batteries, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power.
The enrollment team plays a pivotal role at EnergyHub by enabling new utilities and utility customers to join our mission. The team is focused on growing the number of enrollments and enabling more distributed energy resources by building flexible and robust software components. As we quickly scale the platform to new opportunities, we are looking for a passionate engineer who can help us achieve our goals and find solutions that satisfy the specific needs of the utility and utility customer.
You would support our mission by working with the engineering team and key stakeholders to build new features while continuing to improve the capabilities of our current platform. The enrollment team is an exciting group of highly capable engineers ready to help mentor and guide you in developing strong SaaS programming skills.
- Design and implement software solutions that turn millions of electric vehicles, smart thermostats, batteries, and other energy IoT devices into resources that help create a cleaner and more resilient grid
- Contribute to our software platform through writing design documents, code, unit/integration tests
- Support the team’s collective goals through code reviews, collaborative planning, debugging, and more
- Work with device manufacturers and utilities to integrate even more devices into our platform
- Contribute to our workplace culture and inclusive environment
Key Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years professional software engineering experience
- Java experience (preferably Java 11+), or a strong desire to learn it is required; other programming interests and technologies are encouraged!
- Experience with at least one scripting language (we use Python3)
- Web services and RESTful APIs using Spring/Spring Boot
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Use of modern SW development and process tools (agile development, automated testing, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring systems, GitHub, Docker, …)
- Database and data processing pipeline experience (we work with RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Snowflake, and S3)
- AWS Ecosystem experience
- Front-end: Typescript/React
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $130,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning obstacles, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the most innovative companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.