EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. We help consumers turn their smart thermostats, EVs, batteries, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power.
EnergyHub’s Sales team seeks a dynamic candidate with passion for the clean energy field and strong technical writing, project management and communication skills. The Proposal Coordinator will develop compelling client proposals that propel EnergyHub’s growth.
You will become an expert in the evolving world of distributed energy resources (DERs), combining technical and business acumen to develop thoughtful proposals related to the dynamic control of electric vehicle charging, smart thermostats, batteries, and other connected devices to deliver value to utility clients. You will coordinate input from colleagues across EnergyHub’s product, marketing, business development, and program delivery teams -- ensuring the development of cross-functional knowledge and expertise. In short -- you’ll be a go-to resource internally with the ability to represent the complete picture of EnergyHub in our proposals and project manage our responses to complex utility RFPs, playing a central role in EnergyHub’s growth and success.
- Manage the proposal process, from initial RFP review to final submission, coordinating input from cross functional teams, developing content, and monitoring progress
- Work with the sales team to understand the utility’s needs and requirements
- Organize and lead the proposal kickoff meeting
- Develop compelling proposal material through a mix of original writing and delegated content development, synthesizing disparate pieces to form a cohesive narrative
- Manage the proposal review process and coordinate necessary approvals
- Lead responses to follow-up questions and help prepare for proposal defense presentations
- Develop expertise in the utility market and DER landscape
- Build and maintain a library of relevant proposal-related content and templates for use throughout the sales process
- Evangelize EnergyHub’s value to clients and prospects through strong technical writing
- Work closely with EnergyHub’s product and marketing teams to ensure that EnergyHub is delivering the right message to the market
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience in proposal management, technical writing, technical or management consulting, product marketing, sales operations, or related fields
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Experience developing compelling business cases
- Energy industry experience a plus, particularly demand side management
- Strong interest in how technology is changing the way we use and view energy
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning obstacles, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the most innovative companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.