Project Manager - Construction - Renewable Power
Project Manager - Construction
Euclid Power Inc. | Location: Houston, Dallas, or Austin, Texas; otherwise Remote with travel
Full-Time | 60-70% travel
Euclid Power is a renewable energy software and services company that is building the operating system for the renewable energy industry; we make data management and workflow tools to help project developers and investors build more renewable energy projects. We believe it is time that the process of deploying renewable energy projects was powered by software, as much as social media or online ads.
Euclid is trusted by some of the largest solar investors, solar developers, utilities, and technology integrators to provide software, guidance, and project diligence support. Euclid is led by a world-class team of renewable energy, software, product, and project management veterans. Our solutions have driven the creation of over 3GW of renewable energy capacity across hundreds of projects.
We are seeking a Project Manager - Construction for our Execution Services Group who is looking to make a sizable impact on the future of the renewable energy industry.
Our company is committed to hiring talented team members and advisors who are hardworking, passionate, and committed to our mission. Hires at this stage will immediately contribute to the DNA of our product, processes, and, most importantly, culture. At Euclid, learning, growing, and testing the best ideas are central to our approach to solving one of the world’s most important challenges: climate change.
Who You Are
- A driven self-starter looking to continue to build on your professional and technical expertise in renewable energy project/portfolio management.
- Detailed-oriented, organized individual who fervently believes there is no compromising when it comes to the details
- Innovator who constantly strives for operational efficiency, whether through process improvement or general team development
- Humble, with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to support a rapidly growing company by maintaining a “no job is too small” mindset
- Clear communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who will collaborate with the founding team to translate (and improve) our proven renewables diligence, execution, and data services offering and toolsets.
- A scrappy, open-minded, entrepreneurial thinker who can flourish in a resource-limited environment
- Customer-focused and personable, with an innate desire to exceed customer expectations
What You’ll Do – Immediate
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of onsite construction, from inception to completion, and ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in adherence to quality standards.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders, providing formal updates on project progress, addressing concerns, and managing expectations to stakeholders, including senior management and clients.
- Direct responsibility for weekly site inspections, preparing progress reports, site-specific Safety and Health manual reviews/inspections, and preparation for significant weather events.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with design specifications, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Own the tracking of construction progress to support monthly audits and ensure adherence to project schedules.
- Manage and coordinate subcontractors, suppliers, and on-site personnel to ensure seamless project execution.
- Perform milestone verifications for Construction, Mechanical, and Substantial inspections.
- Manage the coordination of all testing and commissioning activities, including assisting in the review and inspection procedures such as Backfeed, performance testing, SCADA commissioning, fire protection, and electrical functionality testing.
- Ensure coordination across BESS Supplier, GSU Supplier, and all applicable stakeholders.
- Serve as Euclid Execution Services on-onsite client point of contact on specific engagements and work with clients to carry out execution and engagement plans in coordination with all pertinent stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, procurement, and construction, to develop and execute project plans.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including project schedules, budgets, change orders, and reports.
What You’ll Do – Long-Term
- Oversee additional high-profile engagements on-site while reporting directly to the Vertical Director.
- Aid in continuously improving project management processes by analyzing lessons learned and implementing best practices.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, regulatory authorities, and community members.
- Directly influence the design and architecture of new products and tools to serve renewable energy project developers and investors through Euclid’s platform in collaboration with Euclid’s Service & Product Teams.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and advancements in solar technology to ensure project alignment with industry standards.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office (PMO) to align project execution with organizational goals.
- Contribute to the growth and success of Euclid Power by consistently delivering high-quality projects.
What You Have
- 4-6+ years of proven project, construction, or operations management experience within the renewable energy, energy, or adjacent industries (preferred) or a strong desire to enter the renewables space
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices, in-depth understanding of NEC Code and construction means & methods.
- Experience efficiently managing sub-consultants, vendors, third-party engineering/design firms, EPC contractors, etc.
- Strong technical understanding and a firm grasp of standard equipment, permitting requirements & processes, design best practices, standard QA/QC protocols, contracting & negotiation, construction best practices, and industry standards (and how to exceed them)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, environmental studies, geotechnical reports, product warranties & spec. sheets, ALTA surveys, QA/QC plans, permitting & approvals
- Full knowledge of renewables project lifecycle, inside and outside of project execution, and understanding of crucial project value drivers, project development, and financing
- Complete understanding of project and operations management principles, customer success methods, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project/operations/construction management, business management/economics - concentrations preferred, but not required
- PMP - preferred but not required
What We Provide
- Benefits package (401K, Health Insurance, Remote Work, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Opportunity for early equity awards and share in the growth of the firm you are helping build
- Professional credential obtainment sponsorship (PMP, PE, CFA, Software)
- Multidisciplinary exposure and training (Tax, Legal, Finance, Diligence, Engineering, Energy Storage, etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a genuinely supportive, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Exposure to high-profile, industry-leading clients, products, and technology
We welcome candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
The starting base pay for this role is between $115,000 and $152,000, with travel reimbursement attributable to site visits. The base pay depends upon many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.