Senior Project Manager - Renewables
Senior Project Manager - Renewables
Euclid Power | Location: Remote | Full-Time
Euclid Power is a renewable energy software and services company that is building the operating system for the renewable energy industry; we make data management and workflow tools to help project developers and investors build more renewable energy projects. We believe it is time that the process of deploying renewable energy projects was powered by software, as much as social media or online ads.
Euclid is trusted by some of the largest solar investors, solar developers, utilities, and technology integrators to provide software, guidance, and project diligence support. Euclid is a company of 50 led by a world-class team of renewable energy, software, product, and project management veterans. Our solutions have driven the creation of over 3GW of renewable energy capacity across hundreds of projects.
Our company is committed to hiring talented team members and advisors who are hardworking, passionate, and committed to our mission. Hires at this stage will immediately contribute to the DNA of our product, processes, and, most importantly, culture. At Euclid, learning, growing, and testing the best ideas are central to our approach to solving one of the world’s most important challenges: climate change.
About The Role & Team
We are seeking a Sr. Project Manager for our Program Management group. This individual will join a team of six folks who are all committed to making a sizable impact on the future of the renewable energy industry.
What You’ll Do – Immediate
- Oversee and direct responsibility over individual client engagements ranging from market-entry analysis to turn-key project development services.
- Expertly manage and coordinate with external stakeholders as required in the project development process to deliver the engagement objectives and fulfill the scope of work on schedule and budget.
- Collaborate and aid in developing master execution plans, including portfolio schedules, budgets, internal/external time tracking, activity costs breakout, etc.
- Develop complete client & subcontractor/vendor engagement-specific scopes of work for proposal generation, including individual engagement costing and scheduling.
- Support the software product development process by being a power user and providing design and process feedback.
- Support overall company and project-specific functions in collaboration with the Director of Development and/or COO/Co-Founders, including engagement statuses, P&L tracking, and resource planning.
- Work directly with the Services team on process and development tool refinement and internal/external infrastructure build-out
- Support technical and financial analysis of solar PV and energy storage projects from C&I to utility-scale across all major US markets.
What You’ll Do – Long Term
- Cause more solar and storage projects to be built by contributing to the standardization of project development processes in the industry and raising the bar for quality
- Support the design and architecture of new products and tools to serve renewable energy project developers and investors through Euclid’s platform
- Oversee multiple high-profile engagements and mentor analysts
- Collaborate on the development of the strategy for continuous innovation and services offering refinement
- Provide integral support in the improvement of department processes and influence future hiring and build-out of the Euclid Program Management team
- Advance into a senior leadership position in the development services vertical
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of proven project, construction, or operations management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing multiple C&I and/or utility-scale PV, PV + storage, or standalone storage projects
- Experience efficiently managing sub-consultants, vendors, third-party engineering/design firms, EPC contractors, etc.
- Strong technical acumen and a firm grasp of standard equipment, permitting requirements & processes, design best practices, standard QA/QC protocols, contracting & negotiation, construction best practices, and industry standards (and how to exceed them)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, environmental studies, geotechnical reports, product warranties & spec. sheets, ALTA surveys, QA/QC plans, permitting & approvals
- Complete knowledge of renewables project lifecycle, inside and outside of project execution, and understanding of crucial project value drivers, project development, and financing
- Complete understanding of project and operations management principles, customer success methods, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice To Have, Though Not Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project/operations/construction management, business management/economics
- 8+ years of proven project, construction, or operations management experience within renewable energy, energy, or adjacent industries
Who You Are
- A driven self-starter, looking to continue to build on your professional and technical expertise in renewable energy project/portfolio management
- Detailed-oriented, organized individual, who fervently believes there is no compromising when it comes to the details
- Humble, with the willingness to support cross-functional work at a rapidly growing company.
- Clear communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-player, who will collaborate with the founding team to translate (and improve) our proven renewables diligence, execution, and data services offering and toolsets
- A resourceful, open-minded, entrepreneurial thinker who can flourish in a resource-limited environment.
- Customer-focused and skilled communicator, with an innate desire to exceed customer expectations.
What We Provide
- Benefits package (401K, Health Insurance, Remote Work, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Opportunity for early equity awards and share in the growth of the firm you are helping build
- Professional credential obtainment sponsorship (PMP, PE, CFA, Software)
- Multidisciplinary exposure and training (Tax, Legal, Finance, Diligence, Engineering etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a truly supportive, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Exposure to high-profile, industry leading clients, products, and technology
- Work that matters
We are committed to building an inclusive working environment and doing our part to create a more equitable world. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities to apply.
The starting base salary for this role is between $153,000 and $180,000 with an equity award as part of your all-in compensation. The actual base salary and equity is dependent upon many factors, such as education, experience, skills, and internal compensation equity. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.