Manager, Automotive Strategic Partnerships
FLO is looking for an amazing individual to identify, execute, and manage commercial partnerships in the auto OEM space. Ideally the role role will be based in Detroit and will include responsibilities across North America. The right candidate is creative solution oriented, influential communication, strategic thinker, committed, and resilient. Manufacturers of electric vehicles face huge business challenges, and FLO sees significant opportunity to help them overcome those challenges. This role is the key driving force in realizing that opportunity for FLO!
• Identify needs and opportunities for strategic partnerships that materially grow FLO’s business and provide long-term value to all parties.
• Develop, create, and launch a comprehensive OEM offering.
• Survey auto OEM landscape to identify OEMs that fit FLO’s criteria for strategic partners.
• Using the developed OEM offering, identify, execute, and manage commercial partnerships.
• Maintain detailed intelligence on manufacturers, vehicles, charging strategies across use cases, and present and future needs.
• In addition to working with individual manufacturers, work with joint ventures in the space to explore additional opportunities.
• Maintain relationships with auto OEM EV Charging leaders.
• Work closely with internal FLO teams including strategy, sales, marketing, public affairs, comms, and finance.
• Represent the company at tradeshows and conferences.
• Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in Sales or Partnership in complex and long term sales cycle environment.
• Excellent understanding of the electric vehicle charging industry ecosystem, ideally with specific expertise within one or more of the following areas: residential, fleet, workplace, dealerships, public, fleet, roaming, and Plug & Charge
• Detailed knowledge of the auto manufacturer landscape within North America
• Keen commercial mind and ability to develop creative solutions to complex business problems
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills able to be deployed to individuals at all levels of an organization in a boardroom or more casual settings, with the ability to be an organizational evangelist
• Computer proficient, with experience using Microsoft Office products and CRM tools (preference shown to experience with Salesforce)
• Efficient time manager with an aptitude for multi-tasking
• Team player and able to tackle challenging situation with resiliency and good team spirit with commitment to long term success.