Senior MES Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
This NPI Operations role will be responsible for leading and supporting the implementation and sustaining activities for our Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in our production environment for all cell/battery assembly processes, from raw materials/chemicals to final product. This position requires a strong background in design, implementing, validating, and sustaining an MES system within an assembly / production environment. You will have a strong background in operations and quality functions and will play a pivotal role in spearheading the implementation phase into production. As the voice of operations, you will collaborate closely with operators, engineers, project managers, and a 3rd party integration company to ensure successful integration and optimization of the MES rollout.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation assistance is available.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the implementation of an MES system in the production environment, ensuring seamless integration with existing operations
- Act as the primary point of contact and advocate for operations during the development phases, working closely with engineering functions, project managers, and a 3rd party integration company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements on specifications, data collection methods from equipment, raw material/subassembly inventory routing, and various quality control aspects of the production line
- Conduct thorough assessments of production equipment and controls to ensure compatibility with the MES system, working closely with various controls engineers to ensure data collection methods are in place and validated for accuracy
- Configure and customize the MES system to meet the specific needs of the organization and optimize production processes post handoff to operations
- Collaborate with IT and networking teams to ensure a secure and robust network infrastructure for the MES system, including floor level activities related to printers, operator HMIs, scanners, etc
- Management of data visualization (e.g. SPCs, WIP tracking, equipment E10 status, etc) across the various production areas
- Provide training and support to end-users to ensure effective utilization of the MES system and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Act as a subject matter expert on MES-related matters, staying updated on industry trends, best practices, and implementing continuous improvement projects identified
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation and integration of MES solutions in a manufacturing environment; direct experience with Ignition a definite plus
- Strong technical knowledge of MES capabilities, their development requirements, and their integration within existing production operations
- Knowledge of production processes, equipment and controls, data collection systems, networking, SPCs (Statistical Process Control), and quality control processes
- Excellent communication skills; effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve technical issues
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems; experience with Oracle preferred
- Experience working closely with and leading teams that span supply chain, purchasing, inventory control, IT, engineering, and production departments to solve issues as they arise
- Experience defining requirements (e.g. HMI requirements) for maximum operational efficiency and flexibility; customer centric mindset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Controls Engineering, or a related field
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?