Senior Autonomy Engineer, Technical Infrastructure
Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to nearly double from ~90 employees in the next year. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What you’ll do:
At Fox Robotics, the combination of our platform, technology foundation, and team enables our engineers and researchers to develop, deploy, iterate, and improve upon autonomous robots.
To do this, we develop a wide range of internal tools and services that enable the rest of the autonomy team to develop quickly, iterate rapidly, and deploy cutting-edge robotics algorithms into the real world with confidence. You’ll be the sole individual leading and building the Infrastructure behind the Autonomy team. You’ll be responsible for coordinating development and improvement of these tools, including data management, visualization tools, and simulation frameworks that are used by the rest of the Autonomy team.
The Autonomy team is a small but impactful team where ownership matters. You’ll work closely with other heads of the Autonomy team including: Motion Planning, Perception, and SLAM.
- Design and implement high-quality software systems that run on our robots, on developer workstations, and in the cloud from scratch
- Build tools that streamline stages of the robotics development process, including code generation, compilation and deployment, configuration management, data collection and analysis, and validation testing
- Identify and lead internal cross-team software projects that substantially improve the Fox Robotics Autonomy developer experience
- Take ownership of internal services from concept through deployment and monitoring
- Decide direction of the Autonomy team: create and build pipelines from scratch
What you’ll need:
- You are comfortable navigating and delivering within a complex codebase
- You are highly proficient in Python and/or C++
- You have experience working with modern cloud technologies, ideally including Kubernetes and observability tooling
- You enjoy designing and making powerful tools that are used by other engineers
Nice to have:
- You are excited to work on and with modern cutting-edge robotic systems
- You have experience coordinating and leading improvements to systems with significant organizational usage and impact
What’s in it for you:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care
- Working with robots is tremendously cool
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Generous PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.