Deployment Engineer (New York)
Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to double from ~100 employees to nearly 200 this year alone. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What you’ll do:
As a Deployment Engineer at Fox Robotics, you play a pivotal role in the hands-on configuration, troubleshooting, and operation of our cutting-edge autonomous forklifts at various customer sites. Your expertise will not only ensure the successful deployment and maintenance of our robotic forklifts but also empower you to lead these deployments with confidence and proficiency. This role demands a unique blend of technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer-facing experience.
Beyond the technical aspects, your role extends to being a crucial link between our customers and our engineering teams. You will have the responsibility of translating customer feedback and requirements, gathered both directly and via sales team interactions, into actionable insights for continuous product improvement. Your involvement in the testing and evaluation program is vital, as the data you collect and analyze from current and future deployments will directly influence and challenge our software, hardware, and platform development, ensuring that our solutions consistently meet and exceed market needs and expectations.
What you’ll need:
- 4 year degree or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in Product use and Robotics systems
- Valid Drivers License & a willingness to travel (minimum 75% of the time)
- Willingness to work in warehouse environments (Ex. Refrigeration, ambient and outside temperatures)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving startup setting, showing flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and roles.
- Possess a fundamental comfort with troubleshooting industrial or automotive equipment, including the use of diagnostic tools like voltmeters.
- Proficiency in information gathering tools such as oscilloscopes and CAN analyzers is a significant plus
- Demonstrate high competence in computer usage; familiarity with Linux and scripting languages like Python is advantageous
Nice to have:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- Utilize a variety of data sources (e.g. Tableau dashboards, logs, JIRA, and spreadsheets) to inform and support decisions
- Demonstrating a strong analytical and data-centric mindset
- Frequent standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Good communications skills (written & verbal)
- Proficiency in multiple languages, suitable for professional business communication, is a plus.
Benefits and perks:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that aren’t bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Generous PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.