Service Technician (Midwest)
Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to double from ~100 employees to nearly 200 this year alone. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What you’ll do:
As a Service Technician at Fox Robotics you will be responsible for working on complex equipment against tight timelines and SLAs. You will also troubleshoot and repair automated forklifts at customer sites while performing routine preventative maintenance. You will work with customer operations teams to schedule/validate repairs and troubleshoot hardware and software issues (including networking equipment). You will train customers to operate our forklifts and optimize their workflows.
Travel on short notice: up to 75% of your work may involve traveling to customer sites for installation, setup, training, repair, and maintenance while also assisting engineers with testing and running the robot.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated history of maintenance and repairs on technical equipment in the field
- Effective communication skills, both customer-facing and internal-facing
- The ability to quickly learn new skills (software, firmware, operational changes, etc.)
- A willingness to occasionally work different shift hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends – your schedule may shift as customer needs change over time
- A valid driver license, and clean driving record (no points on your license)
- An ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
- 3-5 years of fleet maintenance exp
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with automation, mobile robots, warehousing, and logistics
- Experience operating a forklift, training others on new technologies, and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Previously working for a robotics startup
- Basic mechanical repair knowledge (changing fuses, brake pads, etc.)
- Bi lingual (Spanish or French)
- Helping create the processes, not implementing them
Benefits and perks:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that aren’t bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.