Chief of Staff- MBA Intern
Full Harvest is solving the #1 contributor to climate change - food waste - with the leading business-to-business online produce marketplace specializing in imperfect and surplus produce. The company is not only solving on-farm food loss, the largest portion of the food waste problem, but is also bringing the $1T produce industry online end-to-end for the first time ever. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest recently closed a $28M Series B round and expanded our leadership team. The company is backed by leading technology, impact, and agriculture investors such as Spark Capital, Cultivian Sandbox, Telus Ventures, and RaboBank. Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, a Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup, and was recently on the cover of Newsweek magazine.
Want to join a super friendly, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below:
We're looking for an ambitious, highly motivated MBA intern to support our rapid marketplace growth by supporting Full Harvest’s business operations, data, insights, and strategy development. Your role will be business operations and strategy support. The role will involve day-to-day interaction with the executive leadership of the company.
The position will report to the Chief of Staff, who will also act as your coach for the internship, providing guidance, learning, feedback and advice throughout the internship duration. You will join a friendly, driven and passionate team, determined to solve food waste. Our office is in downtown San Francisco and are in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
This is an unpaid, part-time role, intended for current MBA students looking to complement their studies with valuable and focused experience with a mission-driven company in the climate and agrifood space. Commitment of 4 months or more required for the role. Stipend provided for communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the operation of the Full Harvest Executive team through analysis, strategic framing of options, and follow-through
- Create powerful presentations on company strategy and other important topics for company meetings and events, including weekly Executive meetings, monthly Company Touchbases, and All-Hands
- Support the Executive team by helping clearly communicate key issues, decisions, implications and recommendations
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on focused issues to inform company decisions
- Learn to use the data and reporting tools of Full Harvest, and use these to extract insights from financial, transactional, and user engagement data to drive company decisions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Pursuing an MBA or equivalent degree
- 2+ years of previous work experience in consulting, investment banking or similar corporate positions
- Able to work in-person in our downtown SF Office Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Excellent powerpoint presentation and communication skills
- Experience with marketplaces, B2B business models, or agrifood industries a huge plus, but not required
- Start up experience, especially B2B or SaaS, a huge plus
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced business environments, executing in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Strategic mindset and track record of using logical frameworks to approach and solve complicated issues
- Data driven: Comfort and aptitude in sourcing and analyzing data and using it to craft and support arguments
- Strong communicator as the day-to-day stakeholders will be the senior leadership of the company
- Ability to think strategically, connecting the dots in the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the deliverables
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We truly believe in our mission and will do whatever it takes to achieve it
- We are results focused and consistently deliver strong results
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight our customers
- Our team can rely on us as well as our integrity
- We admit mistakes openly and take full accountability
- We look for solutions by analyzing data and all the facts
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series B led by Tier 1 impact investment fund Telus Ventures. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.