Tech Sales Engineer
Full Harvest is solving the #1 contributor to climate change - food waste - with the leading business-to-business online produce marketplace specializing in imperfect and surplus produce. The company is not only solving on-farm food loss, the largest portion of the food waste problem, but is also bringing the $1T produce industry online end-to-end for the first time ever. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest recently closed a $28M Series B round and expanded our leadership team. The company is backed by leading technology, impact, and agriculture investors such as Spark Capital, Cultivian Sandbox, Telus Ventures, and RaboBank. Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, a Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup, and was recently on the cover of Newsweek magazine.
Want to join a super friendly, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below:
Tech Sales Engineer Role:
We are looking for a Tech Sales Engineer to join a professional and cohesive Sales and Supply team to ramp up the mass adoption of our revolutionary and disruptive B2B produce marketplace. As an ambassador of the platform and the brand on the field, you will participate in the adoption and evolution of our digital systems in collaboration with the Digital Product Team and key business stakeholders. This individual will showcase and push for the adoption of technology and features meant to digitize and transform the habits of the agriculture industry.
The technology spans across web, mobile, operations, marketing, sales, supply, and finance. You’ll secure the demos and speed up onboarding for produce suppliers as well as for many types of produce buyers. Putting forward our solution is achieved by exposing the many capabilities of the platform put in a context that appeals and inspires trust with the prospective customers. This role puts you in a unique position to collect valuable first-hand feedback on our features and that can help the company to stay closely in tune with industry expectations, user behavior, needs and aspirations to secure first and repeat engagement.
You will help digitize for the first time ever, one of the largest and most important industries in the world - the food supply chain - that, to this day, remains primarily offline. Your performance is measured by the impact on the company’s overall objectives, your ability to convert prospects and hand qualified customers over to an account management team fully trained to get the most out of new relationships, while continually supporting customers’ tech questions and needs. Success translates into a growing number of happy self-serving customers enjoying growing success in terms of money saved or generated as well as pounds of produce moved. You will report directly to the VP of Sales & Supply and work closely with the Digital Product Team and the Technology Build Team.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Able to work in-person in our downtown SF Office Tuesdays and Thursdays (with 3 weeks allowed remote per year)
- 2+ year of experience using sales and technical expertise in a similar role with technology products
- Sales skills and demonstrated ability to contribute directly to revenue growth by identifying upselling and cross-selling opportunities during the sales process
- Understanding of digital products and services, along with the technical acumen to tailor sales tactics and support to meet client needs
- Problem-solving skills to address technical challenges and obstacles in the sales process with innovative and effective solutions
- Demonstrated experience providing ongoing technical support and consultation to clients even after handoff to account managers post-sale to ensure optimal adoption and use, long-term satisfaction and retention
- Technology skills including G-suite technology tools, and basic development understanding and knowledge
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Ability to work across various departments, including Digital Product, Marketing, Software Engineering, and Sales and Supply, to ensure a cohesive approach to adoption and client satisfaction
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across various departments to align technology solutions with customers' business requirements.
- Help map out and understand buyer and supplier current processes and pain points. Determine and analyze customers' met and unmet needs, and recommend technical solutions required to address customers' needs and requirements, optimizing value for the customer and the firm.
- Act as the liaison between the organization's sales, business development, and engineering groups.
- Take ownership of quality and training on all existing products and solutions currently facing our sellers and our buyers as well as all internal products supporting our operations.
- Educate potential clients about how our platform can revolutionize the way they do business, from improving supply chain efficiency to expanding their market reach.
- Provide training and SOP support to both clients and the internal sales team, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of products and services. Maintain a high level of mastery across current and evolving features as well as new functionalities being rolled out.
- Take part in a continuous improvement journey involving all team members aiming at always improving their skill set and their value, remain committed to the team, mobilized on the projects.
- Stay abreast of market trends and competitor activities to inform sales strategies and product development.
- Prepare and maintain detailed technical documentation, including product manuals, for both external and internal partners, proposal templates, and case studies composed of customer success stories.
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We truly believe in our mission and will do whatever it takes to achieve it
- We are results focused and consistently deliver strong results
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight our customers
- Our team can rely on us as well as our integrity
- We admit mistakes openly and take full accountability
- We look for solutions by analyzing data and all the facts
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
Compensation range for this position: $100k-$120k + Commission.
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series B led by Tier 1 impact investment fund Telus Ventures. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.