Head of Business Development - US
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as the U.S. Head of Business Development. You will play a critical role in driving the strategic growth of Fuse by establishing and managing partnerships and securing funding to achieve our goal of building a terawatt of renewable capacity.
You will focus on establishing our presence in the U.S. energy market. This will include identifying and securing sources of capital; liaising and receiving approvals for supply licenses; running M&A opportunities of ready-to-build and operational sites; alongside development of greenfield sites.
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead our business development initiatives and contribute significantly to our mission of building a terawatt of renewable capacity. No prior industry experience is required, as we believe the right candidate can bring valuable expertise from diverse backgrounds.
What you will work on:
- Define and execute a comprehensive business development strategy aligned with our vision of developing 1 TW of renewable energy assets. Regularly analyse and report on partnership performance to the executive team, providing strategic recommendations for optimisation.
- Represent Fuse’s vision and mission to regulatory agencies, government funding bodies, and local planning authorities to secure approvals and funding for Fuse’s supply business and renewable energy projects.
- Identify and deliver available grants, subsidies, and other sources of funding across federal, state, and local bodies.
- Proactively identify, approach, and collaborate with potential partners, including energy project developers, investors, trading counterparties, and other stakeholders to drive mutual growth and achieve our strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and evaluate M&A opportunities for renewable energy generation sites. Drive the acquisition of development sites for renewable energy assets. Work with our finance team to develop financial models and inform investment decisions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic partnerships or business development.
- A proven track record of driving successful partnerships and business development initiatives with measurable outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions to optimise partnership outcomes.
- Experience leading a high performing team to deliver best-in-class outcomes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and willingness to take on new challenges to support our renewable energy mission.
- A proactive, independent thinker with a relentless approach to solving problems and a willingness to learn and iterate.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, Economics, or a related field.
- Competitive salary and a stock options sign-on bonus
- Biannual bonus scheme
- Fully expensed tech to match your needs!
- Paid annual leave.
- Deliveroo breakfast and dinner for office based employees