Mechanical Engineer, Renewable Energy Technology
IT, Other Engineering
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
This position is responsible for mechanical design implementation for renewable (PV) energy products (inverters, EV chargers, energy storage, and system communication). You are a highly capable individual contributor, who can evolve to be a team builder as we continue our accelerated growth. You are responsible for leading the review and analysis of system requirements, executing, and evaluating designs, performing component and material selection, generating all the mechanical drawings, supporting the building of successful prototypes, and leading complex engineering projects through the development phases to meet the requirements. Demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute development products for the renewable energy market with no supervision.
- Analyze requirements and map them into a mechanical architecture,
- Lead the mechanical design throughout the product life cycle from concept to mass production.
- Lead collaboration with 3rd party partners to acquire cutting-edge technologies.
- Design and build test jigs used for prototype performance evaluation through various tests such as environmental, thermal, reliability, etc.
- Serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Mechanical Engineering and internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of Mechanical Engineering design experience utilizing 3D CAD software to generate mechanical designs, create assemblies and produce mechanical drawings
- Strong experience in PLM and PDM systems to manage data (BOM) and configuration
- Exceptional mechanical/machine design capabilities, including extensive product development and design for manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge and experience w/ typical surface finishing, coating, anodization, and plating
- Good experience working with machine shops, vendors, and design houses for new product prototyping (3D printing, CNC, etc.) as well as ramping up volume production (molding tools, metal stamping, etc)
- Experience with vibration analysis and mitigation techniques is highly preferred
- Experience with heat dissipation & management of thermal risk in the mechanical system is highly preferred
- Review and resolve any DFM-related issues provided by the contract manufacturer for a successful board build
- Experience in leading and performing stress analysis studies and stress relief design for cables and wires
- The ability to provide different solutions with highlights about the pros and cons with regard to performance, cost, operation, installation, storage, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication skills, with good knowledge of spoken and written English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Experience in renewable energy product development
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis expertise using ANSYS
- Experience in performing and interpreting Finite Element Analysis using programs such as SolidWorks
- Experience in owning and authoring FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- The programming ability is a big plus (e.g., Python, Matlab, or comparable programming language).
- Hands-on experience with machining & familiar with working in a machine shop. Strong hands-on skillset with assembling, testing, and troubleshooting mechanical systems,
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced global automotive design and manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to transition from theoretical to implementation-based thinking
- Very strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental, and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbents must successfully perform all job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing 20% of the time
Sitting 70% of the time
Walking10% of the time
Pulling up to 10 Pounds
Pushing up to 10 Pounds
Carrying up to 10 Pounds
Lifting up to 10 Pounds
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Nev-er)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?