Project Engineering Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for leading multiple projects and execution of all project engineering efforts within the EPC team, and is responsible for both the management and development of project engineers. This position reports to the Director of Project Engineering or another senior management personnel that the VP of Engineering may designate.
This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. Hybrid candidates is acceptable. This position may be expected to travel at least 30%.
- Lead all stages of multiple projects and project engineering, including conceptual and advanced system design, observing regulatory codes, customer requirements, balance of systems, site visits, permitting and technical support during construction phase;
- Extensive technical experiences on photovoltaic and energy storage projects;
- Supervise the technical planning for contract preparation;
- Report on the planning and technical design, and present it the engineering group;
- Responsible for reporting the planning process to the client;
- Preparation of technical documentation in the quoting process;
- Develop the planning abilities and processes within the team;
- Work in a team to develop and improve the system standards;
- Assist with technical training for team members and development of new project engineers;
- Build a quality culture of continuous improvement that enhances company efficiency and engineering quality;
- Drive a safety culture that embraces both a “Responsibility to act” and “Show by Example” approach;
- Establish metrics to quantitatively characterize project engineering status for the full life cycle of the projects;
- Supervising compliance with Hanwha Q CELLS – project specific standards;
- Supervising compliance with the requirements of the Hanwha Q CELLS quality management system;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering science, with the working knowledge within several fields of engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of professional engineering experience in the solar and/or energy storage projects
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience leading a team
- Relevant work experience in the design and development of power/renewable plants (in particular utility solar or wind power plants)
- Experience working internationally
- Willingness to travel, at least 30% of the time
- Experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (preferably PVSyst)
- Knowledge of PV plant design and optimization
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Previous experience managing projects from initial design to installation and execution, preferred
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?