Tech Planning Manager
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Hanwha Q CELLS has the commitment to establish itself as a technology powerhouse of next-generation energy solutions by investing in exploring new technology. A manifestation of this investment is the establishment of a Future Energy Technology Center in Santa Clara, CA. This center will help the company’s mission of aiming for a greener tomorrow with completely clean energy solutions. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, microinverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
As a Tech Planning Manager of FETC Technology Planning and Scouting team, you will be responsible for supporting the key growth initiatives of renewable system business in the US region by discovering business/technological cooperation opportunities with US advanced research institutes.
This role will collaborate with internal and external technology partners and manage specific internal research programs and outside program partners. This role will be responsible for the creation and delivery of analysis that enables data-driven, informed decision-making in new and changing technology environments, and presentation to the system business division in the U.S.
This position reports to the team leader of the FETC technology planning and scouting team and will be located in Santa Clara, California.
- Monitor tech trends in the clean energy sector, build analysis, and produce presentations on a monthly base
- Analyze renewable energy system standards trends and plan technology strategy accordingly
- Participate actively in the creation and implementation of new code or standards in the future energy system
- Collaborate with internal and external technology partners, such as core tech development, product management, and external advanced research institutes and start-ups
- Strategically evaluate technology collaboration partner candidates
- Support communication with HQ system development center; strategic support for monthly research reviews, executive meetings, and research group meeting
- Bachelor’s degree or M.S. in Science, Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in strategic tech planning in the renewable energy sector, especially in ESS, MLPE, PV
- 6+ years of industry experience; familiarity with renewable energy and related technology preferred
- Experience in code or standards qualification, plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate with cross-functional teams and external organizations.
- Bilingual in English and Koran for better communication with the KR HQ system development center, plus
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental, and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbents must be able to successfully complete all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
o Standing: 20% of the time
o Sitting: 70% of the time
o Walking: 10% of the time
o Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
o Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
o Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
o Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
o Typing: F
o Handling: F
o Reaching: F
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
o Turning: F
o Twisting: F
o Bending: O
o Crouching: O
o Balancing: N
o Climbing: N
o Crawling: N
o Kneeling: N
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?