Senior Director of R&D
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
We are hiring a R&D Senior Director to join our GES Strategy Team. The GES Strategy team is responsible for harmonizing and finding synergy within key strategic groups: Tracker, Module, Inverter, and BESS. The successful candidate will work with the Operations Excellence Team, and New Business Task Force Team to develop a roadmap for enhancements within the product lines to ensure the best solution for internal and external customers. This position reports to the Executive VP of GES Strategy, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Cleveland, OH and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Communicate with other departments within GES Strategy Department
- Keep track of the status of each enhancement
- Execute Strategy Plans from Headquarters and those developed within GES Strategy Department
- Maximize Yield through Tracker, Module, Inverter, and BESS Synergy
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise the Tracker R&D for new product development in line with the PV module development road map
- Closely work together with the module R&D team in Korea and German to support the next generation module and coordinate to apply in the EPC
- Guide the R&D for the long duration battery system and create the strategy for the deployment of them
- Create product strategies to address market needs and translate into a product roadmap.
- Follow market trends and forecast needs for product enhancement
- Develop a strategy for continuous innovation for product lines and work processes
- Research customers' business practices and needs relative to new features and products.
- Propose new solutions based on customer input, surveys, imaginative interpretation of user needs, market needs analysis, and known technological solutions.
- Develop value-based pricing and compelling business models for development products.
- Contribute to annual and quarterly product roadmaps.
Cross Functional Management:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Geotechnical, Structural Preferred)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Ph.D a plus
- MBA or PMI a plus
- Proven ability to navigate market and customer needs.
- Knowledge on the major equipment in the PV; PV panel, Tracker, Inverter, GSU, BESS, PCS etc
- Experience in leading projects and working with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in Solar Market, C&I and Utility
- Familiarity with UL Certification
- Familiarity with international codes and standards
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to Travel up to 30%
- Professional Engineer a Plus
- NABCEP Certification a Plus
- Native Korean Speaker a Plus
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Cleveland, OH is $215,000.00 - $250,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?