New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the Renewable Energy EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The Solar Installer will provide support to the Foreman, Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Construction Manager or Field Supervisor, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based in the Western NY and Finger lakes Region and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel within NY State corresponding to the project's location.
- Partake in all aspects of Solar farm construction from conception to completion
- Transport, secure, and install photovoltaic (PV) modules
- Assist in connecting making series/parallel string connection
- Affix wires to structure aligned with plan set specifications
- Assist in wire pulls and labeling
- Ability to read plan sets and wire PV array according to the plans
- Make MC4 or similar field connections on PV wire
- Use a machine threader for Rigid Metal Conduit
- Ground and Bond according to the plan set
- Perform inter-row and inverter/combiner/disconnect trenching
- Install inter-row, inverter/combiner/disconnect, and racking conduit
- Perform DC wire and grounding terminations
- Coordinate construction activity and documentation for the Golden Row inspection
- Perform tests including meggar, polarity, VOC and IV curve trace
- Perform Quality and Safety checks
- Attend Safety Toolbox talks, Comply with Job Hazard Analysis and Site Specific Safety
- Select tools, materials and equipment
- Communicate issues, production, and job status to foreman
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Good attitude, eager, willing to learn, proactive
- Working experience in construction 3+ years
- Experience in constructing PV and/or ESS projects (3+ years)
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in New York
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Basic competency with the Microsoft suite of software
- Familiarity with or ability to learn to use Procore or other project management software
- Ability to prioritize work activity and delegates tasks
- Ability to travel within the New York State, up to 100% of the time;
- Ability to read plan sets
- Ability to work within a team and work independently
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- medical, vision, and dental coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- 401k company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Bank Holidays
- Hourly + Bonus
- Full time hourly is typically M-F 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?