Director of Corporate Planning
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Director of Corporate Planning will be a keymember of the Business Planning & Strategy team, leading critical areas of the company’s planning function including FP&A and Strategy. This role will be responsible for the creation and delivery of analysis that enables data-driven, informed decision-making in complex, new and changing business environments, and present to Headquarters (HQ).
This position will also work directly with all levels within each function to effectively and efficiently complete defined tasks and key projects. The incumbent will be expected to accomplish this with a mindset of continuous improvement consistent with the corporate culture and growth objectives at the company.
This position reports to the Head of Business Development Strategy, or another senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President/President of the Company may designate. This position may be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 40% – Forecasting and Planning
- Take leadership and responsibility in monitoring P&L for HQC US and its current and future subsidiaries as HQC US expands its business in renewable sector
- Lead financial planning and analysis activities, including financial reporting, consistent with the company’s strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives
- Lead the preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations, and other analysis for leadership team to ensure they have access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions
- Drive an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing annual financial plans and communicate with HQ that links to the strategic objectives
- 40% – Support internal and external communication
- Provide strategic & financial rationale support Monthly Business Reviews, Executive/Investment Committee meetings, group requests/meetings, and C-level client engagements as needed
- Create materials & references for the executive’s meetings between headquarter, other subsidiaries
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help optimize business performance, including identification of trends, gaps, insights and opportunity areas within the business
- 20% – Other duties as assigned such as external opportunity origination and execution
- Assist with strategic planning for market expansion and area development in conjunction with internal development focused teams
- Travel required for new business development, due diligence, site visits, and off-site meetings with transaction counter-partiers and external advisors
- Actively driving performance improvement assessments, across an enterprise, and overseeing the implementation of recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a related technical field
- CPA or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 10 years professional experience with strong quantitative analytics background; experience in management consulting or corporate planning is preferred
- Energy industry experience is preferred; familiarity with renewable energy preferred
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and effectively lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at multiple levels of the organization
- Advanced computer skills – MS Excel, Word, Power Point, data management or visualization tools
- Extraordinary business judgment and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
- Strong project management skills and can manage scope, meet timelines, and present insights to senior leaders within the organization
- Must be bilingual in English and Korean
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?